Friday, September 22
Ladies & Gentlemen, We Have a Winner!
It was Colonel Mustard. In the parlor. With the candlestick. Ooops! Wrong game, although the Clue format works here.

The winning contestant to my "Any Guesses?" post came in at the eleventh hour, and I must add she has a very unfair advantage. Not only is she a friend IRL, she was #1's teacher last year, and I'm happy to say for her, principal this year! Of course, perhaps her winning status should be called into question, not only for the afore-mentioned "nepotism", but because she couldn't figure out how to post a freakin' comment! (Actually, I've had several tell me this week they "tried and it wouldn't go through" :/.......STINKIN' BLOGGER :()(Keep reciting, "you get what you pay for...you get what you pay for").

Without further adieu, her email "post" to me. I will hand deliver the prize (once I figure out what it is).

Thomas. Only he would be so enthusiastic about such a task, and of your three it would be he that gleened excitement from being the Lone Ranger! I will say that I can totally hear him proclaiming his excitement to you!!!! A vision that brings a smile to my face...I love that boy!
Anyhow, it was Thomas, in History, for mummification purposes ...

Read here to learn how you, too, can mummify your own chicken. Grot. Gross. Grossness. Ick.

Oh, my word! I just googled "chicken mummy" and I found a link which visually depicts this whole process! If you're interested (ha!), knock yourself out (Kipp Academy in Houston).

The blogger gods have been kind to you--I tried to upload pix three times, no can do. And since I don't feel like trying an alternative photo service right now, you're probably better off.
Revised sometime later today, while my Chicken Stew is simmering and the Corny cornbread is rising in cast iron ... I came back to try to "ick" y'all out with pics, still not working. Still not interested in the supersized pictures I get w/Flickr or TinyPic.

Earlier I failed to mention the Honorables and Almost Winners. Willowtree gets the first mention because he didn't name the obvious child (well, not the second time, anyway) and thought very outside the box; Snoopy also appeared four times, a Pensieve record. E-mom got noticed because she was the closest to what was going on, and even I didn't realize this was a study of ancient Egypt, not science or biology, until I asked Thomas for clarification. Pamela gets a BIG High Five for providing the biggest laugh. Out loud. I've already told her today I have a crush on her, she can make me giggle in 3 words or less. Eph2810 was close behind e-mom, had she read more of my blog earlier, I might've awarded a tie (E had the edge b/c she knew Thomas' name). And, last, I must give something to Julie for trying to pull the wool over my eyes--her guess came after this blog was posted and she STILL got it WRONG! Must be her schoolwork frying her brain or something.

Can y'all believe we're eating chicken for dinner (lol!)? Thomas is spending the night with a friend......

  Into the pensieve on Friday, September 22, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (11)


11 Comments:
At September 22, 2006, Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

Well I never would have guessed that! Sounds like a pretty cool history class!

 
At September 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I wouldn't have guessed that!

My boys would think it's the coolest assignment ever!

 
At September 22, 2006, Blogger M J said...

I'm never looking at chicken the same again.

 
At September 22, 2006, Blogger willowtree said...

I would never have guessed that. I've never seen lab experiments conducted in History class before.

Glad there were no photos, I'm having chicken for dinner.

 
At September 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh.my.goodness. - I didn't know that kids have to mummify chicken in American schools. Yikes. BTW - we don't disect frogs in Germany either - at least I don't remember doing it - but then again could be my age that I have forgotten *grin*...

 
At September 22, 2006, Blogger Claudia said...

That is pretty cool!

 
At September 23, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

I think I got one of those served to me at a restaurant once.

bleeech!

*perhaps you will indulge us with a photo after the fact???

 
At September 23, 2006, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Now.Wait.One.Minute. :)

I am just learning a few things about Firefox. Did you know that when you go to a blog it will be the last post you saw and not the newest post? I read on Pamela, Karmyn or WT's blogs that they had to hit refresh to get the most current post to come up. I only saw this post and not the post with the answer. Now, I am refreshing every blog I go to because for some reason they do not load the current stuff. I am getting irritated with Blogger. You sound a bit irritated yourself, with Blogger that is.

Oh and yes, my schoolwork is frying my brain! :) (Well, that is the excuse we will use today.)

 
At September 23, 2006, Blogger Susannah said...

A hoot! Now THAT I never would have guessed. Ever, ever, in a million years. I thought had it pegged for sure. What a NEAT history project. I really do think it's the coolest, Robin. Thanks for the "honorable mention," and now I'm going to check out those mummification links.

(How could you even think of cooking up one of those cool specimens for dinner?)

 
At September 25, 2006, Blogger Swampwitch said...

See what I miss by being out of town? And, that's EXACTLY what I would have guessed: Thomas, history, mummification.
And for the Linguistic Profile, what happened to the other 5%? I think they mistakenly left off RedNeck.

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Julie, at least you're TRYING Firefox (I'm too chicken)(which is a funny analogy for this post, lol).

E-mom........I KNOW! I'm a glutton!

Swampy, YOU figured out the missing link!!! It IS redneck!!! I always knew you were the sharpest tool in Pensieve's box ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

Just for fun
Fresh faces, fresh voices
Any guesses?
Boys will be boys...
For Tad
I'll deny it if you repeat it, but...
Screwed up system
In good company
Wanna new look for your blog?
Two Hundred


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: