Wednesday, July 12
Tag! I'm IT!
Well, my hubby thinks I'm "all that", but I never knew I was "It"...that is, til Cheeky tagged me. She thinks I'm a hoot (hehe) and since it is very late and I've had a loooonnnnnngggggg day, I think my answers could be interesting (and not at all how I'd respond if this was written, say, during my peak brain time, early in the morning with a LARGE cuppa joe).

If you wanna get to know me a bit better, read on...if not, then MOVE ALONG!

1. The book nearest me - Raising a Modern-Day Knight (Robert Lewis) & Vanishing Acts (Jodi Picoult)
2. Stretch out your left arm, what do you touch? - a taupe metal filing cabinet...I am NOT at my house
3. Last thing watched on television? -My Name is Earl ...if you haven't watched this, you are missing out on some of the funniest stuff on TV. Soooo thankful we TiVo it (or at least Tennefreakinsee's version of TiVo) so we can replay all of Jaime Pressly's fast-talkin'-messed-up-ness.
4. Without looking what time is it? 12:17
5. What is the actual time? 12:05...that's after midnight and I am not responsible for what I'm writing after the clock strikes 12.
6. With the exception of the computer what can you hear? a clock ticking...and music in another room
7. When did you last step outside? 10:47 p.m. What can I say? I looked at the clock as I headed to the door.
8. Before this survey what did you look at? DesertPastor's blog.
9. What are you wearing? - Three colorful braided bracelets, my wedding rings, two toe rings and Caliente on my toesies. Oh, yeah, and my Master's tee shirt & cargo shorts. (I tried to find a picture of Caliente polish only to discover IT'S DISCONTINUED....grrrr, figures I'd pick the one I REALLY like but won't be able to get again...!)
10. Did you dream last night? - Of course. In color. Not tellin, but VERY realistic ;) and better than anything on tv or film........
11. When did you last laugh? - Ok, this is NOT the last time I laughed, but it is the last time I absolutely lost it....Watching Earl, I saw a preview for "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby with Will Ferrell. Looks like a TOTALLY asinine flick, but it cracked me up. Last time I laughed that hard at a preview was for Dodgeball--"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!" Tagline on "Ricky Bobby" is "the story of a man who could only count to #1".
12. What is on the walls in the room? - Absolutely nothing....did I mention I'm not at my house?
13. Seen anything weird lately? - Does an 8' alligator between the ladies tees on the 17th hole at Turtle Point sound wierd? At Kiawah, it's pretty normal, anywhere else I'd say it's wierd.
14. What do you think of this quiz? - I have to think?
15. What is the last film you saw? - Dead Man's Chest
16. Tell me something we don't know - I have a small, heart-shaped birthmark on my hand; when I was a kid, I'd sometimes drew a red line around it to make it more defined.
17. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you do? - I'd give every kid a mom and a dad who love each other for life. I bet we'd have world peace then.
18. Do you like to dance? - Robin...Dance? lol absolutely :). Aside from flyin' solo in my kitchen, can't remember the last time I did :/ Oh...man....just a GREAT memory of my college dayz with my favorite dance partner Harry Pirie who could actually LEAD. Me likey slow dancin' with the hubby though ;) And now, I'm lol-ing b/c I'm thinking of a funny Baptist joke...guess I'll keep THAT one to myself!
19. George Bush? - I'm apolitical.
20. Imagine your first child is a girl - okaaaaay...um, she was, is....
21. Imagine your first child is a boy - I always wished I had an older brother when I was younger so I could practice kissing his friends. Which just disturbs me to think about now.
22. Would you consider living abroad? - I am a broad! he he, Sure, as long as I didn't have to fly to get there.
23. What would God say to you when you reach the pearly gates? - Hey Robin...you look skinnier in person! (I hope He says "Well done...")
23. 6 people who will do this quiz - Great...I wanna leave this question OFF! Hmmmm, I have an idea...I'll tag all 200+ of the Blogging Chicks and MAYBE six of them will have mercy on me.

  Into the pensieve on Wednesday, July 12, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (8)


8 Comments:
At July 13, 2006, Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

YEAH!!!! You did it!!

I wanna see the new Will Ferrell Movie - he is stupid silly but he just cracks me up.

My favorite polish is discontinued to: SoHo Nice to Meet You....(yeah its OPI).

 
At July 15, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

Okay - I accepted your tag - and did the survey quiz.

 
At July 15, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

K,

Yaaaaaaaeeeeee....you da bomb! Friends, don't ask Karmyn to do anything on demand...she might just have mastered the skill :O

 
At July 16, 2006, Blogger Mama Duck said...

Wowie!! Well, I'd do it but it would take me a week just to answer all that!! Lovely though, thanks for sharing. You can go read/watch the disaster of chocolate pudding that was unleashed on my house yesterday tho ;).

 
At July 16, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

Robin ... Karmyn never burped until she was in her 20's.... so having mastered the other end of the 'sprectum' ... hee hee...
would be one for the books.

I enjoyed the tag, but I couldn't keep on task. Did you notice my mind wandering? If you find it out there somewhere please sent id home.

 
At July 20, 2006, Blogger K. said...

19. George Bush? - I'm apolitical.

Just popped in here from.... oh heck, I don't remember how I got here!! Blogging Chicks?? Sorry, can't remember, but love your blog. LOL

I loved this answer! I may have to plagiarize that!!

 
At October 12, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

(Hiding head in shame!) I did not respond to your tag! sorry;)

But I think reading every one of your posts for the past year qualifies me for getting to know you better right?;)

 
At October 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't think these things suprised me, too much, after reading everything to this point. I was suprised by you being a stamp peddlar & pleasantly suprised to find out ya'll play train!
I'm banned from playing with my mil's sister-in-law (I beat her, that's not allowed) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

I'm probably the only person who thinks this, but...
I admit it...I am FRUSTRATED!
My head musta been in the sand
Celebrate the Fourth with some of your favorite ch...
Why am I smiling?
To drink or not to drink?
This was fun(ny)
Really, I'm TRYING to be open-minded (aka giving t...
I almost missed this...
One for the Daddys out there......


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: