Tuesday, September 26
Horseshoes and Hand Grenades, Part Three
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Go back and read today's posts in order beginning with "Hit and Run"...you'll see a full progression of insanity that makes the ride oh-so-much-more fun :D. Expecially "Part Two"...lovelovelove that visual!


Blogger is one of satan's minions, I am convinced of this. He looks nice in the beginning but then turns on you! Where do I get this? Scripture. It says that satan "kills, steals and destroys", and Blogger has just ROBBED me of TIME! And DESTROYED my lucid thought. And tried to CRUSH and kill my spirit. (wicked, maniacal laugh) Muuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaahaha, but, I will prevail in the end!! Persistence WILL pay off.

Ok, so that's a bit melodramatic, as was my post from two minutes ago, but I'm beginning to calm down. Nothing derails me like having my thoughts in order, a hot cuppa joe nearby, and then NOT being able to write!! As I mentioned, I took time to post replies to all your comments from yesterday, only to have Blogger freeze and lose everything I said. No way to duplicate it, waaayyy too frustrating, so I decided to finish what I started instead. My coffee is now cold and brunch has turned into lunch, and this will most certainly NOT be the post I would've written had I been able to do so when I began eons ago. Tad is going to shoot me, but he will never know how bogged down I got because I WILL get all the things done I had planned on and he will be none the wiser. Ummm, until he reads this. Perhaps THIS is like one of those times I tell my kids "THINK before you SPEAK" except in my case, it's "THINK before you WRITE".

I feel like Eeyore right now. <---- Now THAT made me giggle. And, good lord, y'all are never going to read me again because I have written three paragraphs and said NOTHING. But, hey, they made a whole tv show that ran for 10 years with a "nothing" premise, so there ya go.

If you haven't read Part One, I guess you should for this post to make sense.

As I mentioned earlier today, this follow-up will be anti-climatic. I'm embarrassed I didn't just go ahead and finish the durn thing in one writing, 1) because I wouldn't have gone through the FRUSTRATIONS of today, and 2) there's not that much left to tell. I suppose #1 is my "punishment" for making you wait. TIME.SERVED!

The point...the point...whattheheck was the freakin' point? (are y'all ready to fling sharpened daggers at me yet?) (let me have my fun)

We ALL have our pain-filled memories of teenage angst. Who'd wanna go back to highschool and re-live it? I had a GREAT highschool experience, but great doesn't mean "all good" and that's okay. Somehow, "the sunshine proves the shadows" comes to mind. Weeds and rain make the roses and sunshine that much more beautiful; and I'm thankful to see beauty IN the weeds and rain. That's not something you can do in your teens, I'm not even sure you can in your 20s (unless you're Heather and you got all deep and heady and intellectual during puberty ;) ). I could get really deep and spiritual with this line of thinking, but I have neither the time nor energy to do it justice. I'll move on.

Do you remember the 1980 movie Somewhere in Time with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour? A beautiful love story with an equally lovely-but-haunting soundtrack**, there's a scene at the end of the film where Reeve's character is cruelly snapped back to the present, after successfully traveling back in time to meet his soulmate. One "present memory" (in this case a then-future-dated coin) transports him from the past to the present when he accidentally unpockets the forgotten coin.

That's where I was going with my post. I will TRY to make the connection. Weak perhaps, but a connection none-the-less.

I had a similar-but-opposite reaction to something recently. Rather than being transported from the past to the present, I was catapulted back to the type scenario mentioned in Part One. Except it really wasn't painful, so PLEASE know this WAS amusing to me! It was an example of a little black cloud following me (hence, the Eeyore)...or maybe a back-handed compliment...or "Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades"....

Kelly (from Pass the Torch) nominated me for a blog "Emmy" (a.k.a. the Mysterious Blog Awards). Basically it's a ploy for a pretty doggone smart blogger to drive traffic to her site (271 comments, I just checked). It's a nice stroke to be nominated, though, in spite of the fact anyone can nominate anybody (just keepin' it "real", not being overly self-deprecating here), and I was thrilled humbled elated shocked touched and pleasantly surprised, especially for the category for which she nominated me--Excellence in Writing.

If I could insert Snoopy doin' his little happy dance right now, I would. You think I'm gonna try THAT with my Blogger morning?? Not a chance......!

I found out pretty much after the "voting" was over, and if I'm not mistaken, Kelly's was my only vote. I did try to vote for all of "you" I saw--Pamela, Ree, Mert/Mary, Kelly, and I even tried to nominate Willowtree for "Best Foreign Blog" and better yet, "King of Jocularity" (he and Ree would've made a lovely king and queen). I realized I had missed Blogging Chicks founder Michele, so I was going to go back and vote for her until I realized it was too late for ANY of my votes to count. You were all robbed.

Here's the tie to the highschool/college oversights: My freakin' blog name was misspelled. I am NOT a perfectionist, but as a former PR/marketing girl, I HATE MISSPELLED WORDS AND TYPOS! Cannot stand it when I do that (ummm, like "grenade" got by me yesterday, I spelled it with two a's). Not only that, but my blog name was not highlighted as a link, and it felt kinda red-headed-step-childish. At least there, I was in good company, neither were Ree's or Pamela's sites--BUT AT LEAST THEIRS WERE SPELLED CORRECTLY. It took me right back to being ticked over the wrong name in college and being left out of those highschool whatever-they-weres.

Now in Mysterious Lady's defense, she must've been a busy girl and since she's never heard of me, an honest mistake. I guess if you aren't a Potter fan (or you've been living under a rock), you'd wonder whattheheck a "pensieve" was anyway. But still, I didn't even recognize my own nomination at first!

Okay, I'm done, again I could make a thousand analogies and elaborate further, but that "list" is still waiting and I'm needing to hurl from all the self-indulgence.


** scroll down and play Tracks 1 & 9...beautiful!

  Into the pensieve on Tuesday, September 26, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (16)


16 Comments:
At September 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny. Will ya just TAKE THE COMPLIMENT??

You're an excellent writer. Period.

Oh, and I just had to go check my own spelling in Mysterious Lady's comments to make sure it wasn't I that messed up.

I'm a spaz about spelling, yet make at least 50 typos a day. Agh!

Have a great day! Rants and all;)

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Thank you, Kelly. I really...truly appreciated this gesture. Goodness, how many posts have I gotten out of it??? FOUR??! Go figure :).

You, a spaz........shoe doesn't seem to fit ;)

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger Erin said...

I noticed you went back and fixed "grenades."

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Sharp eye, Erin...feel free in the future to TELL ME WHEN I HAVE TYPOS! I see others much easier than I see my own.

LW, GLAD you came back before your surgery tomorrow...thinking about you now AND later :). And I use V E R Y liberal punctuation. Run ons just seem to express my random thinking, oh, so much better, n'est pas?

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger Susan in va said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! LOL! I'm so glad that someone else shares my disdain for misspelled words and typos. I am constantly correcting or deleting comments that I've left because I've misspelled or misused a word. These top my list: there/their/they're and your/you're. I'm not so hard on other people - I expect perfection from myself.
(*proofing comment now*) (*checking for misspelled words*) (*looks good*) (*login and publish*)

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger Holly Schwendiman said...

ROFL - Too much relation going on in my neck of the woods (or computer chair as the case may be.)

Hugs,
Holly
Holly's Corner

And as much as I hate to admit it being a big Harry Potter fan I didn't get the relation until you just now hit me over the head with it - - I was like "Well DUGH?!!" I know, I know -LAME but thanks for the smack. I'm a little slow today. ;o)

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger M J said...

Blogger certainly seems possessed some days. If it's acting up I do my post up in Microsoft Word and publish it from there. Seems to work without problem.

I'll try to find a link for you how to do it... if you use MS Word.

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

geez - I feel like the little nerd kid who missed out on the big school assembly and now has NO INKLING of what is going on....Blogging emmy's? Voting? My friend was nominated? My mom was nominated? Nobody told me, I would have voted. DAMN

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Susan, I now have a crush on you. Will you "go" with me?

Holly, read my freakin' profile (lol), it explains the name :). Love that you're rolling (me, too, I just re-read and it was much funner this time). Hugs backatcha;).

Hmmmmmm, never thought of that Marnie, send me the link if you find it.

Karmyn, she hosts these awards FOUR TIMES A YEAR! If I get wind in advance next time, I'll letcha know :).

I'm not about to get behind on responding to comments today....

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger willowtree said...

Did I ever tell you about the time this crazy woman went berserk on her own blog?

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger Swampwitch said...

Ditto Ditto Ditto.
I didn't real ALL your post today, but I'll be back tomorrow. I did read enough to tell you I feel what you feel. Not only did Blogger mess with me, yesterday, after IT said my post didn't publish and trying to do so might cause me to lose everything, I panicked. THEN, when I tried to "View Blog" it wasn't there. Totally gone. Vamoosh. Couldn't access it from anywhere. And not only my "glob" but Julies (Another Chance Ranch and Ree's Confessions of Pioneer Woman) virtual link here.
So, I am just now catching up on posting today and running about 24 hours behind. I fully expected to come home today to find that Blogger had eaten my compooter.

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger Susan in va said...

Robin, only if our we go to Starbucks. Two Venti Caramel Macchiatos? My treat ;)

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger Susan in va said...

Well, will you look at that. All this talk about proofing, misspelled words, and look what I did! Just take the "our" out of my first sentence above and it'll be perfect.

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

Hey... I never doubted you'd get us there eventually.

(I was reading through your last post while listening to my 9 and 10 year old grandchildren play the trumpet and clarinet - long distance from California. (first attemps of jingle bells in Band) while chewing on a quick sandwich and packing my paints up to head to my watercolor class --------


and you thought I couldn't understand your thought process on your four posts.

HA!

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Susan, I think you're just excited...! Mmmmmmmmmm, can't wait!

Swampy, Blogger near 'bout done me in today! I think you're safe (blogger got ME).

WT, what's the URL, sounds like someone I could relate to ;) Perhaps it's MiniMe (kinda like Pamela's Me2).

 
At September 26, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Willowtree, it just hit me, no friggin' "thank you" for the nomination attempt? Hmmmph! Fine! (arms crossed, eyes closed, shaking my head left to write, all preceeded with a foot stomp).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

Horseshoes and Hand Grenades, Part Two
Hit and run
"Almost" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenad...
No presents necessary
Wow...N i c e surprise!!
Ladies & Gentlemen, We Have a Winner!
Just for fun
Fresh faces, fresh voices
Any guesses?
Boys will be boys...


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: