Monday, July 31
Cheeky got me again...
Because Cheeky is suffering from both the itchies and the ouchies (and might I add, also, a woman's rightful vanity), I am now making the time to play tag. While I'm writing, I'll be thinking about who to get next :). My babies are sleeping LATE, so, there's no time like the present.

When did you first start blogging?

I started writing in September but didn't give out my link until March. Very sporadic during that time, feast or famine. Now, it's usually more feast than famine.


What don't you talk about?

Although I use my family's real first names, I'll never use last. My brother totally freaks that I "give out" as much information as I do, but I'm banking on y'all not caring enough to stalk me (lol). I don't talk politics because frankly, 1) I'm apolitical and 2) in light of #1, what could I possibly add to the conversation that's not already being said, and by those MUCH more knowledgeable than lil' ol' me? 3) My blog is PG for the most part. Yeah, I'm spicy...yeah, there are times I'd like to be edgier or at times even profane, but my kids are reading along. Oh, and since I have issues with my tongue anyway, I try always to keep in mind I'm a child of the King.


Are you and your blogging persona the same person?
Sure, I've always written the way I speak. I'm ADD when it comes to talking--and writing--I like to conversation juggle, "convuggle". Shelly calls it "webbing", streams of thought that are all over the place. Sometimes I do use bigger more precise words here, lol; although friends have mocked me about my vocabulary ("that sounds like a word Robin would use"...is it a dis? probably, but I'll choose to believe it's a compliment ;) AND I'll dumb the conversation down for them, figuratively speaking, of course! ).

How do you use blogging to build friendships?
Honestly, I don't like this question. I don't "use" blogging to build friendships, in its simplest form, blogging is an OUTLET. That being said, I have been surprised--pleasantly so--that has occurred. I didn't anticipate it. I have found women to be extremely warm and generous in explaining how all this works. I had no idea this "parallel universe" existed until a year ago! And there are those of you who ARE becoming friends, who woulda thunk it? Not me!
How would you describe your writing style?
I think I already answered this. It's pretty random and conversational. I'm neither a comedian nor a theologian, but humor and faith, and marriage and family (and relationships in general) are important forces in my life, so those are the things you'll find me writing about most often. This is my stage for exercising my drama queendom :). Y'all can choose to attend the show or not; at least admission is free;)

I'm tagging Malissa (cause she's so sweet), and mother/daughter bloggers Pamela & Karmyn. If anyone else picks up the game, lemme know so I can visit you, too!

  Into the pensieve on Monday, July 31, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (10)


10 Comments:
At July 31, 2006, Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Yeah!!!! You played (I had no doubt that you would...hehe)

 
At July 31, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

I GIVE UP!!! THIS IS FORMATTED LIKE CRAP B/C BLOGGER WILL NOT COOPERATE! Freakin' time sucker...kids are up, I've got stuff to do. BIG GRRRRRRRR! >:(

 
At July 31, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

cool:) Thanks

We have a busy afternoon lounging in the pool! So I'll get to this tonight or tomorrow:)

 
At July 31, 2006, Blogger Anna Venger said...

I've had some bad days with blogger too. I've wanted to pull some hair out. I guess we get an awful lot for free though.

 
At July 31, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

Ok I did it:) come peek. Thanks

 
At August 01, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

I get home from camping and wouldn't you know it - not only do I have plenty of work to do, but now I've been tagged. Hmm...I will do it, later today. Actually, I like this tag - it actually has some substance to it!!!

 
At August 01, 2006, Blogger Susannah said...

Getting to know you, getting to know all about you... thanks for this little peek into your psyche. I like!

 
At August 01, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Malissa, I stand by what I've already said :)

Karmyn, oopsie! Looking forward to your stuff.

Emom, I'm singing your tune sweets. Glad you like(y) ;) But kinda scary to look into MY psyche!!

 
At August 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your feet better than your psyche.(Just KIDDING) Aren't the soo cute. I'm not sure about this tag thing and I haven't visited in a while. Too much stuff going on.

 
At August 01, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

I did it ... I even named the post after you !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

Don't miss this one!
I got nothin'..........
Power of Persuasion, revisited
Man vs. Beast
If you're a WO-MAN...
LOL...ROTFL...
Clickin' with the Chicks, summer-style
DingDingDing.......
It's been so stinkin' good...
Stuff I learned from blogging this week.......


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: