Tuesday, August 1
Randomries
What I write when I'm kinda all over the place...random seems to fit.

1) I have a favorite sports writer which is really quite hilarious since I'm such a sports enthusiast in general...r i i i g ht! Rick Reilly. Love him! Lovehimlovehim...LOVE....HIM! Tad doesn't mind, he likes him, too. Doesn't matter what he's writing, he "has me at hello". Guys read Playboy for the articles...I read Sports Illustrated for the last page ('cept I'm telling the truth). Click around his archives if you haven't read him before; if you like humor, you'll have a new crush, too. Here's a glimpse into his dementedly delightful mind. Far from one-dimensional, however, when he has something more serious to say, he does so with reverence and respect but equally engaging (like here). Hope you can click those links without a SI subscription, if not, you can still check out the old archives.

2) Here's my cercie (how the heck do you spell that?) from Tad & Rachel's trip out west :)--my NEW favorite coffee mug!!! They picked it up at
The Bunnery, what became their favorite breakfast place. Tad had seen it on $40 a Day, and predictably, Rachael Ray was right on the money with this pick. The boys got tee shirts, but I must say, mine tastes much better!

3. I'll share some of their pictures soon, new camera, figuring out the transfer, it makes me think of my first post. OMW, I'm grinning right now! Sometimes I DO pine for a chocolate/vanilla/strawberry kind of world where I don't have sooo many choices! Like NOW, where this camera is concerned. Gotta get through a daggum college level course to take advantage of all its features. Later.

4. Lance Bass, raised as a Southern Baptist and former *NSYNC boytoy, has just publically "outted" himself. I was scanning the People magazine cover story last night while in line to get our NEW 19" flatscreen monitor (waahooo--gotta LOVE THAT kind of a sale!), and somewhere in there, he commented on how he used to respond to band members (others? can't remember) when they questioned him not taking advantage of the hot groupies who chased him. He attributed his ability to resist to being a "good Christian boy". Gee, what to think about that :/.........

5) My boys are barbarians even if I sissy out on occasion. Here they are riding Goliath, an amazing thrill ride and artistry in adventure if there ever was such a thing...it's pretty! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
At nine, Stephen was the surprise--he was scared of nothing. I DO think both boys were fine with Deja Vu being down. A lady in another line with us explained that two people had heart attacks riding it and she thought a small child fell out once...since I didn't see the press on that, I figured it was a Six Flags urban legend. I don't know what started the trend in pretty roller coasters, but all the new ones were colorful, attractive...and seductive. But, no, after falling into temptation once, I resisted their disceptive allure.

  Into the pensieve on Tuesday, August 01, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (8)


8 Comments:
At August 02, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I not a sports fan, but my husband is, and he often shares Rick Reilly articles with me. I also don't mind watching highlights or ESPN, and actually enjoy the Sports Reporters. Just not the sports.

 
At August 02, 2006, Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Girl you are all over the place today - slow down....you are making me tired...LOL

Rick Reilly IS way cool!

Love Rachel Ray and $40 a day - love it love it love it!

 
At August 02, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

dang - couldn't read Reilly - not a SI subscriber, not that my husband wouldn't mind getting it (but who needs one more distraction, right?)

If I'm ever in Jackson Hole I will eat at the Bunnery...looks yummy!

 
At August 02, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Click the first Rick Reilly link, you should still be able to read the old stuff which is just as juicy as the new....

 
At August 02, 2006, Blogger Susannah said...

Ugh, I hate roller coasters!

 
At August 03, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

My boss, a woman, reads reilly regularly... the SI is always on the breakroom table.

I'm headed for bed and it's only wednesday night.

 
At August 03, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

I have loved rollercoasters, but the last time I visited Six Flags, I blacked-out (but was conscious the whole time) from screaming too loud. Need that oxygen.
Love the "about me" - can relate with the reading and nonshopping and laughing. Love even more your pic. My favorite pic from our honeymoon is of our feet overlooking the ocean.
Tell me about the Blogging Chicks roll. Beautiful blogging babes?
FYI: I posted my disappointment about the Carnival of Beauty on my site this morning.
I'll be visiting here more often!

 
At August 03, 2006, Blogger Mama Duck said...

ROTFL I love rollercoasters!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

Cheeky got me again...
Don't miss this one!
I got nothin'..........
Power of Persuasion, revisited
Man vs. Beast
If you're a WO-MAN...
LOL...ROTFL...
Clickin' with the Chicks, summer-style
DingDingDing.......
It's been so stinkin' good...


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: