Friday, August 11
Fascination with Feet and a Dream Job
To begin, I'm keeping things light today, it IS Friday after all. Next week the kiddos go back to school, and I have all kinds of things swirling in the ol' "pensieve" just waiting to be written. Yep, when I get serious deep spiritual not-so-"light", it takes me much longer to write, and I just can't do it with distraction...right now I have three bodies in motion vying for attention, so there ya go.

Second, if any whack jobs googled "fetishes" and got me, move along. You are not going to get what you're looking for here.

THAT being said, I DO have some kind of foot thing going on. Why else would I even think about taking this "family photo" when I was at the beach? Not to mention, two of my profile pics have been of my feet, and an entire post was written about 'em.

It's on my mind again, because yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed pure indulgence--a pedicure. From the Flip Flop Fabulous collection, my toes are now "Yellin' for Watermelon", and THAT just makes me smile:D! (They're "caliente" in the picture above)

Working for OPI would be a dream job...well, being the official "Color Namer" would be. 1) I am rather certain, to perform the job effectively have the job, trying out ALL the colors MUST be a requisite ...manicures...pedicures on a daily basis. Oh! to suffer that indignity! 2) Colorful libations with umbrellas or fruit garnish are probably tools for the trade. How else could you come up with "It's Toe-tally Summer", "Chick Flick Cherry", "I'm Not Really a Waitress", "Don't Socra-tease Me", "Friar, Friar, Pants on Fire", "Suzy Sell Sushi by the Seashore", "Have a Tempura Tan-Trum"...and the list goes on. 3) You'd be making lots of girlie-Qs very happy as they sported the fruits of your labor 4) Your creativity and artistry would be on display all over the world.

Ok...enough on OPI. Back to my foot wierdness. I DO like to have my feet messed with, NOT tickled. I DO NOT like the sensation of "tickle". I think I could love me a reflexologist...in the meantime, Tad does a nice job, thank goodness he doesn't mind.

I told Teri-the-best-pedicurist-in-the-world yesterday toes are tiny creatures at the end of your feet (he he); she agreed. Can you imagine what SHE sees that's nothing more than "all in a day's work"? Yikes! Long & skinny, short & stubby, buniony, hairy, fungusy, LOL...THIS IS GETTING DISGUSTING! I'd like to think mine are none of the previous list, but I'm afraid my kids often make fun of my pinky toes...they're little and pointy and look like they really might have cried "wee, wee all the way home" (no idea what that means, it just sounded funny to me).

In any event...my toes are ALWAYS well dressed, whether painted by me or a professional (it's always worth the money, so guys, if you're looking for a great gift, you can't go wrong here). And, interestingly, I never wear color on my fingernails; they're always clear. If they're long and clear, it's because they have a coat of Nailtique (Nailtek??) on 'em. That's a product worth trying if your nails are prone to breakage.

Okay...enough of my insanity and randomness for the day. At least I ended with a practical product endorsement, even if I can't spell it!

  Into the pensieve on Friday, August 11, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (16)


16 Comments:
At August 11, 2006, Blogger M J said...

OPI color namer - my dream job as well.

My faves are Aphrodities Nightie and Your Villa or Mine.

 
At August 11, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

MJ, I forgot to welcome you the other day...thanks for stopping by! I'm happy to know at least ONE person totally gets this post, lol. They had some new colors but they were rather frosty and reminded me of the 70s...hmmmm, perhaps I should've tried one, woulda taken me back to my tween years.

 
At August 12, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

My toes are so ugly right now I don't even want to look at them, let alone paint the nails. I've spent all summer in sandals in the garden - ground in dirt. That is all I'm going to say.

 
At August 12, 2006, Blogger willowtree said...

I'm sorry to break this to you, but a foot fetishist would have found exactly what they were looking for here :)

My beagle loves to lick feet, it sends my wife crazy(she hates it), it sends me crazy(I love it).

 
At August 12, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Ummm, so last night I decided two things: to change the title of this post (before Willowtree added his two cents) and to disable comment verification. Wouldn't you know, this morning WT "validates" my need to change the title, and I three anonymous comments, seemingly from three different IDs. Needless to say, word verification is back on (and that does NOT make me happy). Stupid spammers >:(

 
At August 12, 2006, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Pre-teen girl and I are going for pedicures today--school starts Monday and all. And I think your feet pic looks like a seastar with an extra limb. Not so weird, really.

 
At August 12, 2006, Blogger willowtree said...

Let this be a lesson to you, if you have made a mistake, fix it before you go to bed because while you sleep I visit :)

Couldn't agree more about spam, I was going to remove verification until I went to a site that had none. I thought they must be really good because they had about 35 comments on one post- you guessed it.

Oh btw, a few of my friends have called me to tell me that they can no longer find your site, could you change the name back please?

 
At August 12, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

absolutely...positively...NO! Someone's been to my site several times after doing a Blogger search on foot fetishes...ICK ICK ICK! And, THAT, my friends, is a lesson to ME!

 
At August 12, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

I love having my toenails painted although right now they are in need of attention!

And reflexology:) oh my!!!!:):):)


Have you heard the verse in the Bible about how beautiful the feet of them that spread the gospel are?

:) That's how I justify liking my feet:)

 
At August 13, 2006, Blogger Cathy said...

My two favorite OPI colors are Cha Ching Cherry and 100 Degrees in the Shade.

Pedicures and anything at the spa is the best!!

And the photo of the drink... absolutely looks yummy!

 
At August 13, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

My girls got me a pedicure for our anniversery party.

My toes are a pinkish purple... forgot to look at the name.

I even started stinging that silly song...

I got me 10 fine toes.. to wiggle in the sand
Lots of idle fingers snap at my command
A lovingly pair of heels to kick to beat the band
Contemplating, nature can be fascinating...

(there's more if you ever wanna sing alogn)

 
At August 13, 2006, Blogger fivetimemom said...

So you have a foot fetish do ya? There are worse things to have.... I think that photo at the beach is adorable, and I will be copying it soon... Great post...

 
At August 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...exactly how did you get your husband to indulge you with a pic of his feet to be shared with cyberspace??? Mine would just say...."Do what?"

 
At August 15, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Malissa, yes I have, but I sure have never thought of it relative to moi....now I will, thanks to you ;)

Cathy, Cha Ching! Glad you stopped by, and it was WORK to find that pic, lol...couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, but it was deliciously close.

Pamela, I bet with all your anniversary festivities, you didn't take no stinkin' pictures of your feet (you have WAAAYYYY more imagination than that ;) ).


THANKS 5xMOM. To you and Shelly, no one asks questions when I take pics like that anymore...my fam knows anything they say or do can and might be used against them ;).

Janice, four year olds notice EVERYTHING you don't necessarily want them to. The only time that can be BAD is in public, lol. Hope y'all had a great vacay!

 
At August 16, 2006, Blogger ~michelle pendergrass said...

I wear my toe rings the same way. ;)

 
At July 02, 2008, Blogger Anna said...

Hey Robin! Love the feet! I did this exact same shot while we were at the beach in April!

So glad we have feet in common too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

Need a laugh??? I promise you will!
Clarification on Monday's post
Sometimes I'm the bad guy...
1,000 reasons to love blogging
GRRRRrrrrr...and WHY am I growling?????????
Parallel Universe
A SHOUT OUT to..............
Randomries
Cheeky got me again...
Don't miss this one!


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: