Wednesday, December 27
Holiday Randomries
Note: If you don't read anything else in this post, please read #6, you'll be extending a "random act of kindness" and helping others in the process :).

[1] 60 seconds in the car with our family:

Thom: "Does anyone have any sodium chloride?" (this, after driving through McDonalds for a nutritious french fry snack--of course, with diet Coke)

Rach: "Are you learning about that in school?"

Thom: "Nope, 'Jimmy Neutron'." (Educational tv at its finest :/)

Steph: "Know why I don't like eating at O'Charley's anymore?"

(No one answers because they're all talking at once, I'm reaching for the laptop to transcribe this conversation since they've had me giggling for a while now).

Steph (undaunted, in spite of the fact no one responds): "Because ever since I found a bug in my roll there, it grosses me out." (Who knows why in the world he thought of that at this moment--it happened THREE years ago!)

Rach: "What does 'mooch' mean?"

Me: "Bummin' something off of somebody else." (DON'T YOU KNOW THIS WORD???!)

Thom: "Oh, I thought it meant you eat somebody's food without them knowing about it." (weelll, that would kind of make you a thief!)

Me: "Why are you asking?"

Rach (reading off the McDonald's bag): "No dog of your own? Go 'head and mooch. Ask a friend if you could help walk her pooch." (no wonder she was confused, psycho-trite poetry at its finest...I should apply for a job)

[2] This was my favorite Christmas gift (from my husband:) ). I will drink hot beverages while reading good books and if anyone disturbs me, I will not raise my eyes from the page, but shall instead, raise my mug to speak for me.

[3] For our Christmas dinner with Tad's family, we had a smörgåsbord of Italian dishes (no, they aren't Italian). At my sister's, we enjoyed a standing rib roast, potatoes, salad and the like. While everything was delicious, and truly, I was thankful for both, I missed turkey and/or ham, dressing, cranberry sauce, etc., I guess what I consider a more traditional holiday meal. When we got home, I bought both a dead bird and a dead pig while they were dirt-cheap-loss-leaders, and we'll be feasting soon. Funny how I usually prepare either of these only around a holiday....

[4] Meet Hailey and Roxie, Tad's brother's & our S-I-L's "girls". We enjoyed a Christmas visit with them, too. They greeted us with happy snorts and fluids flying from mouth and nose. Janice (their mom) is the youngest "sister" on Tad's side of the family--we have tons o' fun when we're together.

This is from a package of cocktail napkins someone gave her. I've seen it before, but it cracks me up every time! Mary Phillips never fails to get a grin, she has a delightfully acerbic tongue.

[5] Today my husband renewed his driver's license. What would ordinarily be a mundane task, instead, carried great significance. "Why?" you ask...because we've lived in Tennefreakinsee THREE and a half years!! He still had a SC license. Until today. I think that means we might be here a while after all.

And so the last "tie that binds" is neatly clipped.....

[6] PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Go visit Kelly at Pass the Torch. Then, PRETTY-PLEASE comment! For every comment she receives (one per blogger), she's donating $1 to St. Jude Medical Research Hospital (up to $500). CAN YOU IMAGINE 500 comments? Not me, flea! Sooo, no matter "what" kind of reader you are, a regular or someone who hits the Blogger nav bar, please visit Kelly and let her know you popped over from PENSIEVE. Thanks mes amies!

  Into the pensieve on Wednesday, December 27, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (13)


13 Comments:
At December 27, 2006, Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

I think it's great when you can glean some gems from a car conversation.

Most of our dialog goes something like this:

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did."

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did."

I'm raising money for St. Jude's hospital - $1 per comment. Wanna come over?

 
At December 27, 2006, Blogger LeftCoastOnlooker said...

Your family sounds like mine, we all carry on our own coversations & comment on the others, sometimes, we have 3-6 conversations going on at the same time, boy I miss those days.

I love the mug - I need one of those for the library.

Sound like interesting family dinners. Jehu had traditional Italian dinner with the Italian side of his family on Christmas Eve, while I stayed home being ill. Did you know that traditional Italian includes female eel? Seriously.
Christmas day, we stayed home, so I could be ill, & Jehu picked up Cashew chicken & Honey walnut prawns for his dinner. I thought it was all pretty unique for Christmas. When I get better, I'll make him a ham dinner.

 
At December 27, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

It all sounds wonderful from someone who had to eat blended (soft) stuff through the holiday.

Dang.

Well, I didn't gain more weight. That was the good news.


Cute dogs - the dark one I can only see his eyes and a white spot on his belly.

 
At December 27, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Kelly, done! And btw, I hear that, too :).

LCO...you're sick? :(...I didn't know. So sorry to hear that, but I hope you're on the upswing. Tomorrow I'll begin reading my peeps again, I'll be over to see how you're doing. FYI, the mug came from Barnes & Noble...:).

Pamela...doggone, TWO sick pensieve peeps. Hated hearing about your tooth, that BITES! HA!!! I'm punny! Hope you're up to chewables by now :/.

 
At December 28, 2006, Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

Thanks for the shoutout, sweetie!

 
At December 28, 2006, Blogger Susan in va said...

I'll hop over to Kelly's right after this comment :)

Sodium Chloride? Jimmy Neutron? Yep. Know all about that.

And since my DH is not nearly as particular about the movies our boys watch, I had to answer this question yesterday: "Mommy, what does sexy mean?" (My gut wanted to say "Where in the hell did you hear that?" but I restrained myself.)
"Where did you hear that word, honey?"

Shrek 2.

Great.

 
At December 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to read a little of your fam's Christmas....my crew did the flu...we're still trying to reschedule Christmas with extended family. Aunts, uncles, grandparents and many kiddos have been sick. I'm losing hope this stinkin holiday will ever end!!!

 
At December 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stopped at Kelly's - and was about her 460th commenter....so, she is almost there!!!

Those dogs are cute. My step-mom arrives tomorrow with her cute little Chloe - a shitzu. My big huge black labs are going to eat her up. hee hee

 
At December 30, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Susan, once again, your response (in thought) is what mine woulda been :/. Yep, all the Shreks have tidbits for the kiddos and their parents...I'm hoping a lot of it went over my kids' heads......

SHELLY! WELCOME BACK GIRLIE~Q!!!!!!!! Missed you "here", and I miss you HERE! Sorry about the family illness...BUT, I'm thinking your holidays NEVER end any other time, too :/.

Karmyn, thanks, sweets. Thomas likes to talk about shitzus...and it's not b/c he likes the dogs; he thinks he's getting away with something (ai yi yi..........BOYS!). Yeah, I guess to a big DAWG, they'd just look like dessert ;).

 
At December 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stopped by again and Kelly received 537 comments on that post. The the goal was met :)...

I love your coffee-cup. What a great way to tell people to be quiet while you are reading...

 
At December 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Live from Tampa Airport! I'm sitting here at the airport getting ready to from back to G-Vegas to have New Years Eve with my Honey! I figured that I had some time to catch up on your blog.

I'm glad to see my Hounds finally got a spot on your blog. I figured they would surely make it one day. The napkin is a great touch as well. Maybe Sarah would like a set of those to use at the next holiday gathering.

 
At December 31, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Iris, what's your address??? I'm just wondering...that's all...;)

MJDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Well, wonders never cease! What? It's been a year since you posted? I've been waiting for an excuse to post those pictures...I exercised restraint and didn't post the one of Tad with Hailey (she looked cuter than him, can't have that, now, can we? hehe). And toooo funny on those napkins for Sarah...Tommy might have a thing or two to say about that (more giggles). Happy New Year to my favorite-ist/youngest brubby & sissy-in-law :).

 
At January 03, 2007, Blogger Susannah said...

I LOVE that mug... must google to find one exactly like it for both me and my daughter. Clever AND a nice shape.

Those dogs are amazing. What kind??? One of my dearest friends has a French terrier that looks a little like those.

Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

Mama's Packin' Heat
For God so loved the world....
Happy Festivus!
Blue
Borrowed Time
I paid dearly for this picture...
I wasn't exactly the REAL Mary, Mother of God....
This TICKS ME OFF >:-(
Ripple effect
If I ask you V E R Y nicely, would you please....


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: