Thursday, December 29
Ordinary becomes spectacular

I'm talking Kleenex here, lol. Yep, that's all. Me likey the new boxes this year. Once again proving that StYle over substance will cost you a little more.

I never have liked the "decorative" box covers you can buy to hide your tissues. Seems kinda pointless. When I need to blow my nose, I don't need to hunt for a camouflaged box (that ain't fooling anybody) which blends into the decor. I mean, is a box of tissues really that offensive??

Shifting gears, this reminds me of when I learned the difference between brand names and generic. We were in the grocery store with my father, I guess I was in elementary. He asked me to go get a box of Kleenex. So, I wandered around Winn~Dixie til I found the right aisle, picked up a box and returned to him and our cart. He said, "That's not Kleenex!" and I'm staring at the box wondering WHAT in the world I was holding then. He walked with me back to the tissue aisle, picked up a box of Kleenex-brand tissues and explained the difference (which cracks me up now because in his "old age" he became quite the generic-brand King). I thought another name for "tissues" WAS kleenex. Next item I remember learning that on was bandages (I thought they were ALL called band-aids). And the next thing I recall was tampax versus tampons.

Hmmm, all these are drug store items...wonder if there's any significance there. Probably not.

Anyway, if you saw the pretty boxes of Kleenex this Christmas season and passed on 'em because they were triple the price, you missed out. It WAS worth the extra. The back of my toilet never looked so pretty.

Ending with a giggle, my favorite way to go :).


  Into the pensieve on Thursday, December 29, 2005
  Your thoughts, please (4)


4 Comments:
At February 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sad, we used up all the Kleenexs in the Kleenex box. :( It looked so pretty, but now it's gone. Maybe there will be new, cuter ones for spring soon. :)

 
At October 09, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

Where do you live? Apparantly the marketers didn't think the Midwesterners needed pretty toilet decor last year!

By the way Kleenex is made here;)
I have stories...

(ooo does that qualify for a winning comment? Or do I have to TELL the stories?)

 
At October 11, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

frigidaire was another one of those..but way b4 your time.


This year I'll think about decorating my house with tissue boxes for Christmas. That way I won't have to unpack the holidays stuff.

snicker... I mean sniff sniff achooo

 
At October 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They could make refills for the tissue boxes!
I suppose I never thought of them as decor before -- maybe I'll go pick some up for Christmas gifts -- they come in their own wrapping!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

This is what I feel like.......
Walkin' on sunshine, yeah, yeah!
A MUST-READ for Wives
The cake's at least 10% BIGGER....
Power of Persuasion
They'll know we are Christians by our fish?
My D.C. Top Ten
Sometimes there are no answers.........
Who's YOUR Katrina?
Are We Happy Plastic People?


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: