Thursday, May 25
Randomries
Isn't that a great word? I just made it up. Which, in and of itself is very random.

Today's ironies made me lol, and if you've read my profile, then you'll know that's a good thing.

1) To thank Tad for working a second "shift" after he got home from work yesterday, today I took the car to be washed. Personally, I never notice that it needs to be cleaned, but he likes to travel with it in good shape, so I figured it was the least I could do. Stephen and I went through the drive through deal, then set up shop by their high-powered vacuums. We worked on that sucker for almost an hour! When we were done, it looked good (well, as good as a van is gonna look).

I shoulda known...when we headed back out this afternoon, it rained! Then, again, it rained only on the OUTSIDE, so the inside still looks storm free...for now. And the inside is the part I think will make my husband smile :).

2) We just changed banks. That is a whole 'nother story, a rant I never got into here. Suffice it to say it took THREE STINKIN' WEEKS to get Tad's checking account completely up and running (the main problem was accessing it online), something that historically has taken three minutes. We didn't have a big gripe with our old bank, but the locations weren't very convenient and they were gonna start charging us fees we didn't wanna pay, precipitating the change.

Today I got an email from our new bank. They were very excited to inform us that they were going to merge.......WITH OUR FORMER financial institution.

Yeah, it's these little ironies that crack me up. Obviously, just about anything at the right time can amuse me.

  Into the pensieve on Thursday, May 25, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (4)


4 Comments:
At May 30, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

Here is the website for the collapsible sidebars. the site is great and tells you EXACTLY how to insert the language! I had to play around with the site a little bit before I found exactly what I wanted - a nice "how to" for dummies like me!!!

http://www.flooble.com/scripts/

 
At October 11, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

ok the bank thingey is too funny!

 
At October 12, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

Well, I hope they don't close the convenient branch...

Interested in what fees they charge.

 
At October 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, now do you get the service you were happy with?
glad you can laugh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

That husband of mine...
Soapboxes, Shopping and Camera Phones
Determination
I figured it out!
PENSIEVE explained...for the newbies
Girls just wanna have fun.........
Eleventyseven ... again :)
Just BE
What a GREAT start for eleventyseven!
11t7 Family Groupies


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: