Wednesday, August 16
It might not be "all about me", but I'm definitely "it"!
Because I thoroughly enjoy reading her blog, I'm finally getting around to Heather's "tag". I was slow to respond because this one requires more than one-liners.......and since I'm slogging through a soon-to-be-published post, something on the lighter side was particularly attractive.

1. A friend who has blessed me: You know what makes me REALLY happy? If I was gonna list people in Tennessee, I'd have a difficult time choosing one. We've been here three years now, and let's just say the move was harder than expected--to be able to say I have friend(S) is A BLESSING! That being said, I gotta name two from SC--Cassie and Erin. They know why :).

2. An unexpected gift: Two popped in my head simultaneously when I read that, both worth mentioning: #1. An archery set from Tad, for our, ummm, 17th wedding anniversary. I had romanticized the thought of shooting a bow for years, and he h e a r d me and "pulled the trigger" for me :) (If I could draw little hearts right there, I would). The neat thing is all of us ended up shooting it, and that Thanksgiving we had an archery tournament at my-inlaw's (everyone played along, even Noni). I didn't win. It didn't matter.

#2 was even more unexpected. Joy (her name suits her!), a friend I had just met at the Youniquely Woman "finishing school" I attended in March, is the niece of Emilie Barnes; she heard it was my birthday and dropped a pile of cercies (can anyone tell me if that's the correct spelling?) in my lap. She cheerfully and emphatically explained (as she skipped away while I stood there with jaw dropped), "Everyone needs some surprises on their birthday!" I think she felt sorry for me since I wasn't with my family and friends (she wasn't counting these).

#3. A kind word shared with me recently: From e-mom "Robin, your (long) posts usually move me, almost to tears. This one is so well-spoken and touching...." Occasional commentor Chas/Chunk/Chuck sent a more-than-kind text about a recent post, too. I wonder if I should add my husband's recent announcement to our adult Sunday school class...nah....(it made me blush, and I. Don't. Blush.).

4. Something that makes me stop and praise God: I LOVE Heather's answer to this! Ditto :). Two other thoughts that are so true for me are 1) beauty in creation (don't have to go any further than the illumination of a firefly, the dazzle of a rainbow, the thunder of waves crashing on the beach...ALL inspire me!); and 2) the "renewing of my mind" as I see God changing the way I see people, His Word. I think differently than I used to.

5. Something I'm looking forward to: Thomas' first game. Wait, I just thought of something else...my blog re-design...it's in the beginning stages for now....

6. A particular part of me I'm pleased with: Contrary to what you might think (by the sheer number of mentions on this blog), it's not my feet! I actually DO have a "body part" I'm "pleased" with, but some things are better left to mystery;). Instead, let's go with the fact I'm VERY comfortable in my own skin. I'm a recovering people-pleaser, and yes, I think that can be both a positive and a weakness; in my case, until fairly recently, the latter won out.

7. Something in my life that I wanted but never expected: I could think of nothing for this until I realized I've already given you the answer--archery equipment.

8. A place that moved/moves me: The beach and the base of a waterfall. Not one in particular, any will do. Their power and majesty and beauty and vastness and untameability render me silent upon first sight, and my response is to worship their Creator (although sometimes in short order I "snap out of it" and attend to my kids :) ).

9. One thing/person that always makes me smile: Aussie, our australian shepherd--how can you NOT smile when EVERY time she greets you, it's with a FULL body wag? She's the personification of "happy". Of course, Thomas, when he's "on" leaves me rolling.

10. Most recent "love note" from God: I just began a Beth Moore study on Daniel, and my, that woman has her finger on the pulse of WOMEN! She's every girl's "best friend" and she doesn't pull any punches. Today she simply stated that "the enemy wants us to think we've made no progress at all. He wants you back in that old, familar pit." Timely reminder for me personally.

Been spending some time in Romans, too.....This is a beautiful love note if ever I saw one!:)

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 8:28-39, I highlighted my favorite parts :)

Oops! I almost forgot...who to tag? who to tag? E-mom, do you do these? And, Anna Venger, how 'bout YOU?! (I'd love to read this from all my favs...you know who you are;) ).

  Into the pensieve on Wednesday, August 16, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (3)


3 Comments:
At August 16, 2006, Blogger Anna Venger said...

For you, Robin.

 
At August 17, 2006, Blogger Susannah said...

HA! You're a cutie!!! Good thing I read all the way to the bottom of this post! Thanks for the tag. I've never done one of these, so I'll have to think on it!!!

Meanwhile, this line made me chuckle, "my response is to worship their Creator (although sometimes in short order I "snap out of it" and attend to my kids :) )" Still sipping on my first cup of coffee... slow with the fingers. Enjoy your day!

 
At August 18, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

hey just sharing another tag but feel free to ignore;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

In my mind's eye I'm a child again...
If the SBC had only known...
Happy Household
It's that time again.....
Fascination with Feet and a Dream Job
Need a laugh??? I promise you will!
Clarification on Monday's post
Sometimes I'm the bad guy...
1,000 reasons to love blogging
GRRRRrrrrr...and WHY am I growling?????????


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: