Saturday, September 30
Coffee.....J a v a l i c i o u s!!
Some aspects about blogging are pretty cool, while at the same time, pretty Big Brother-ish.

If you've read me for five minutes, you know I have quite an addiction to affection for coffee. And, if you just clicked that link, you know Dunkin' Donuts is my absolute FAVORITE drug of choice.

As much as j'adore 470 calories of lovin' in a smokin' caramel macchiato, I don't like Starbucks coffee (g a s p!). Tastes like cigarettes in liquid form, I don't care what blend you choose. I accidentally swigged a sip of Tad's the other night--I might as well have emptied an entire package of Malboros in the blender, added a little water and frappéd, whipped and pureed myself a caffeine high (bleech! the raspberry flavoring did N O T H I N G to help). Note to self: next time, check for lipstick on the rim before you repeat this heinous error!

For the most part, I savor coffeetime. At home. Preferably in the morning. Alone. Half & half, one Splenda, rounded teaspoon of sugar (if you're fixing me a cup, 12 ounces, not eight...I need the sugar, it keeps me sweet). If I'm meeting a friend for coffee, I might say "coffee", but it means some coffee derivative, which is just fine with both of us, because we all know when we "meet for coffee", it's NOT about the coffee.

ALL this said brings me to my Orwellian point: the marketing genuises hired by Folgers found me and my little ol' blog. I guess from all the mocha rants. They're plying me with free samples of their new gourmet blends if I will only taste and tell. Three pounds: Morning Café, Vanilla Biscotti & Lively Columbian.

It hurt a little to give up my DD this morning, but you know what? It was good! We started with Morning Café and I was pleasantly surprised :). We found it to be pretty much as described on the package--"light-bodied with a clean finish and a delicate bright taste and aroma". My only question is, what does a dirty finish taste like? Starbucks?? (yep, I'm giggling right now) A delicate bright taste....hmmmm. Oh, well, it was good. "Delicate" and "bright" makes me think of fun coffee mugs and "happy". That works. Happy coffeetime in a fun mug.

Wish y'all could join me for the Vanilla Biscotti (a "creamy finish") and Lively Columbian ("distinctively rich"). Stay tuned for my next Joe review.

  Into the pensieve on Saturday, September 30, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (13)


13 Comments:
At September 30, 2006, Blogger willowtree said...

Hey that sounds like a good deal. I'm thinking of doing a series on money, hopefully I'll get some samples too. (I had something else but thought better of it)

 
At September 30, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

cool! I wish someone with scrapbook supplies would find me. I'd be thrilled to test them;)

Thanks for stopping by and catching me not be sweet! rofl;)

 
At October 01, 2006, Blogger Maria said...

I'm going to start talking about cars a lot in my blog. Big expensive ones.

 
At October 01, 2006, Blogger Anna Venger said...

Cool! I wonder if I write more book reviews I will be sent free books. Of course they'd have to be along my line of interests...

I really like raspberry coffee-just raspberry, no chocolate with it. Let me know if you come across any and if it's worth my while.

 
At October 01, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Anna (& ALL the other book lovahs out there), you CAN receive free books from writing reviews! Not kidding. Look up your favorite authors' websites and you'll be surprised. Of course, prior to new release and more than likely, for authors who don't already sell gazillions of books....(but who knows?).

Seriously, y'all.....what can be my next rant.....WT's got money, Malissa has scrapbooking supplies, Laura's got cars.....hmmmm...I LOVE to cook, gotta be something kitchen-related. Obviously, I'm not smart enough to go for high-ticket items, but then again, who's more likely to get the goods? ;) :)

DON'T FORGET TO TRY FOLGERS GOURMET ROASTS!

 
At October 01, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

I've never tried Dunkin' Donuts coffee, though I've heard it was quite good. I'm really not much of a coffee drinker, though I will occasionally enjoy a cold one Frapp-like thingy from Starbucks or elsewhere. ;)

Now, was your Folgers good to the last drop?

 
At October 01, 2006, Blogger Claudia said...

I am so glad someone else has gotten the ashtray bottom coffee experience! I thought it was just me!! I'm an espresso drinker..have my mom ship me my fave cafe cubano from florida!!

 
At October 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Folgers Lady. You've officially hit the big time.

I may have to get some of this stuff too. Will it make me witty, like you?

 
At October 01, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

Gee - you lucky gal. Hmm...last time I talked about pennys, I got an ad for penny bonds. Dang - I need to start talking about something cool really fast!!!

Free coffee? awesome for you! (I'd have to give it to my husband) - maybe I can talk about DIET PEPSI w/ LIME a whole bunch!!!!!!!

 
At October 01, 2006, Blogger M J said...

I like my coffee straight up. Black. We have Tim Horton's in Canada and I prefer that to Starbucks. Yum. If it wasn't 10 to 8 I would go get some!

 
At October 02, 2006, Blogger Catez said...

I knew I had some kind of affinity with you - and now I realise. Coffee!!

I lurve coffee.

Your blog's not bad either.

 
At October 02, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

gaaaaaaaaaawd I hope nobody sends me any cans of pledge or endust

 
At October 02, 2006, Blogger Jana said...

I got a sample, too! I haven't done my review yet, but I really like the Columbian. Don't know if I'd buy it on a regular basis, but I was pleasantly surprised that something with Folger's name on it was that good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

Cats...Love 'em? Hate 'em? Doesn't matter....
Take this quick test
I'll soon be shifting gears, but for now...
A limerick or two...
Horseshoes and Hand Grenades, Part Three
Horseshoes and Hand Grenades, Part Two
Hit and run
"Almost" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenad...
No presents necessary
Wow...N i c e surprise!!


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: