Tuesday, November 21
Toast, Toast, A 300th Post...
& a pity party......!

First, the good stuff: THIS is my 300th post. What I really wanted for such a milestone (said rather wryly) was some pithy piece of prose that would move heart, soul, mind and body--short, direct, and memorable, the way all good blogging should start...and finish. Instead what you'll get is an invitation to toast the occasion avec moi, teetotalers or imbibers, an offering for you both.












Alas (you KNOW you're in trouble when someone uses THAT word!), I am frustrated and not at all in a celebratory mood. In fact, I feel like a child and would like to, with hands on hips, stomp my feet, poke out my bottom lip....and WHINE!

Sadly, regrettably, tearfully, I have had to revert to my boring, standard (sorry e-mom & Malissa!) OLD template in order to be able to publish and view anything. I am waiting on Susie to fix whatever is making my blog VERY, VERY SICK!

Willowtree noticed my blog feed was no longer being read in Bloglines; new posts don't show up. After taking a look at it, Dr. Pete determined there's something screwy with my template. I probably did something to mess it up--I've been TRYING (but to NO STINKIN' AVAIL! >:( ) to export my archives to a few other blog hosts. I don't wanna jump ship on Blogger til that's done. So far, I haven't been able to successfully export anything and I have the techies at Squarespace and Typepad working on it
(r i g h t).

As y'all know, making blog changes takes time...and energy. By the time I have seconds minutes hours SUCKED from me, there is none left (time or energy) to read or write much of anything. "Life" can be a four-letter word but so can "blog". Blog traffic is almost non-existent (hugs & kisses for those of you continuing to check in) and I have lost my status as one of the top comment whores committed commenters.

And then there's this: remember that home improvement project I mentioned right after we got back from Florida??? It is becoming the NEVER-ENDING bathroom renovation, and although once excited, especially when it began taking shape, I'm sitting on the edge of nothin'. Really, truly, I cannot wait to show you before and after pictures, the circa 1980 wallpaper is enough to put a smile on your face. The shower is now large enough for me to shave my legs without my backside touching the back wall, which is a good thing, for some reason that just grosses me out (I'm thinking invisible mold, mildew or soap scum osmosing into my pores or something...are there pores on your backside??) .

But........there are problems. THANK GOD Thomas was watching cartoons Saturday morning. He noticed water dripping from a light (our bathroom is directly above our den). He told Tad, and Tad discovered a leak in the walls of the shower :/. He cut off the water, but then we left to go out of town overnight. When we got home, the grout line was cracked at the shower's threshold and around the top row of tile. :( Did you just hear the pin prick popping my largely inflated balloon? You should have. The upside is the water could have continued to run for another 24 hours, and I can only imagine the damage done then. No, I take that back, I CAN'T/WON'T imagine that, all I can see if I do is a pile of tile-turned-rubble, and there's no sense in going there.

Today while I was once again fooling around with transferring PENSIEVE, I got this error from Blogger:

As with many powerful tools, blogging services can be both used and abused. The ease of creating and updating webpages with Blogger has made it particularly prone to a form of behavior known as link spamming. Blogs engaged in this behavior are called spam blogs, and can be recognized by their irrelevant,repetitive, or nonsensical text, along with a large number of links, usually all pointing to a single site.

It thinks my blog is spam :(!
S P A M! (which rhymes with dam! or bam! enough said...) My blog is no longer blog-worthy, read-worthy, feed-worthy. Noooooooo, it's little more than tripe...pork shoulder and ham. I have to WORD VERIFY even to write a post while it investigates my "status". Sheesh! That'll do a number on ya if you're in a very fragile state. My psyche might be permanently damaged.

I would love to rant some more, but I've got to go power clean...company's coming. Yep, gotta cook that 12-lb dead bird (at least wringing its neck and plucking feathers has already been done for me), I've already made a SPECTACULAR sour cream pound cake, my (IMveryHO) BEST APPLE PIE IN THE WORLD will be made--and photographed--tomorrow, and I've got to figure out how to make a dozen side dishes with one oven.

Gee, does this post NOT sound like me or what? I think I need a little

to go with that

:D Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. Who knows if and when I'll be back! (This isn't a cryptic farewell post, I ain't going without a fight...but I really will be tied up the next couple of days, so if I can sneak away, you might see me again...if not, much peace and life to YOU!).


  Into the pensieve on Tuesday, November 21, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (25)


25 Comments:
At November 21, 2006, Blogger LeftCoastOnlooker said...

Oh, Happy Thanksgiving!
Sorry, with you, about your issues.
Let the "Jonah days' remind you of all you have to be thankful for!
You have a bunch o’ friends who will read, even if your blog is green.

 
At November 21, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

I KNOW I have sooooo much to be thankful for, I KNOW it :). I realize it doesn't sound like I know right now, but believe me, I know. That's why when I whine, it really doesn't feel right, lol. All I have to do is look in the faces of those who love me, and I know I'm in a favored position, regardless of these little annoyances ;).

Thanks, LCO, for your simple word of encouragement :).

 
At November 21, 2006, Blogger Claudia said...

Robin! You are so much better than spam....you're like, like...filet mignon! ok..enough with the food analogies!! I'm sorry your template isn't working but I'm glad you're at least able to post!! :)

 
At November 21, 2006, Blogger Sally said...

Both blog and bathroom problems are a real pain! We had one year where just about every appliance that used water in our home broke down and/or needed replaced. And I've had so many blog problems and I know how they sap your time and energy fixing them. I'm currently experiencing problems with my professional blog, which I was forced to use blogger beta to create. Beta is so screwed up. It's causing me major headaches. I've set it all aside to focus on other things.

And then there's my whole printer problem. ARGH!

Hey, take it easy and have a nice Thanksgiving, will ya?!

 
At November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I for one will no longer be reading you! I like the other template much better.

Happy 300th!!!! {{{hugs}}}

Don't worry, things have a way of working out, and there's instructions on how to export from Blogger at the TypePad site.

The template problem is nothing you have caused, trust me.

At least you're posting again, that's the main thing.

 
At November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come you didn't go with Pensieve MkII? That's closer to the color scheme of the one Susie made.

 
At November 21, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

There once was a woman named Robin
Who was better than most at her Bloggin
For her three hundredth post
We “salud” with this toast
TO 300 MORE! (or we're sobbin')

 
At November 21, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Wow, Claudia, one of my favorites...a smallish, non-fat, juicy steak, mmmmmmm :). I'll take the comparison!

Sally, I.Hear.You.AND.Feel.Your.Pain. Please accept my sympathies for past appliance persecution. Perhaps I was spared the agony of switching to Beta after all (it wouldn't let me when I tried!!!). Hope you have a loverly Thanksgiving, too:).

Willowtree, r i g h t, I do not believe a word you say;). Thanks for the cyberlove. I've already received an email from TP offering to look at my corrupt data (hee hee, that's about right, too). I reverted to my old template 1) because it was familiar to my bastion of readers (me) and 2) it never occurred to me to use one of the test blogs. BTW, I know MKII stands for something, but for the life of me, haven't figured it out yet.

I thought Pensieve (the original) would show up in Bloglines once I went back to the old template, but so far I haven't seen an update. Can I subscribe to another feed? I HATE BEING TECHNICALLY INEPT! >:(

 
At November 21, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Oooooo, Pamela, you were limerickin' while I was writing. Lemme read....................OH, MY!!!!!!! VINTAGE PAMELA...And THAT, my dear, is why I've missed this crazy world of mine :). Thanks for the Limerick Lurve (made me smile out loud) :D.

 
At November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie! I feel so badly for you! I'm one of the committed who keeps clicking back here, saying to myself, "Come ON Robin, I'm in the need of some pearls."

I'm sorry to hear it's bloggity frustration that's keeping you.

And leaking bathrooms YIKES! I know all about remodeling projects that go on ad infinitum.

I hope you're back to normal soon. But you know, you may want to consider leaving Blogger altogether. You KNOW this, don't you? I can't tell you how much less time I deal with blogging BS now that I'm with Wordpress.

(commercial over;)

You're still at the top of my list, so no worries about that;)

 
At November 21, 2006, Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Whew! That was a mouthful woman! Happy 300th post (I still think you should have done a "300 things about me post LOL).

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At November 21, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Ok, I'll post this, too, but according to Dr. WT, if I'm one of your Bloglines peeps, you gotta re-subscribe to me :).

Kelly........it's just a matter of time (and energy ;) ). Glad to know you're happy with WP, but actually, that's not one I've looked into :/...NOW YOU TELL ME (LOL).

Cheeky, yeah, amazing what I can say without saying a thing. Hmmmmm, a blog about "nothing"...I could be a sitcom writer!

 
At November 21, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

ACK - at first I thought I was having Deja vu. Then - after reading this, bummer....

Maybe its time to think about Typepad. I checked it out and it really isn't that expensive... you could just go without a few latte's a month (heaven forbid).

IT WILL ALL GET BETTER!!!! I PROMISE!!!!!

 
At November 21, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

Oh yeah =-




H A P P Y 3 0 0 t h P 0 S T

 
At November 21, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

Hey, if 14 comments on a post is having no traffic;) send it my way!

I know I haven't had much time to read other blogs lately so that means less traffic--so then I write less--which means less traffic:)

I was quite shocked to see your old boring template;) I'm just way too cheap to pay for a fancy template. Maybe someday:)

Hope yours gets back to work for you soon!

 
At November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't look a day over 250!

I have been a non-blog reader during my water crisis. My mood has been as sour as the tap water. I noticed that the last post in Bloglines was from days ago. I knew something was amiss.

I hope you get things straightened out with your template.. it was so lovely.

Just to let you know.. Typepad is very comfy.. you might want to try a trial membership. Just sayin'...

Oh here, I knew Blogger would act up for me. Good thing I copied my comment. Here is the lovely message I have been receiving for MONTHS:

Error
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to process your request at this time. Our engineers have been notified of this problem and will work to resolve it.

I really think that the "engineers" need notified again. And again, and again. It doesn't appear that they are working to resolve it.

 
At November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just resubbed in Bloglines and it popped right up. Bloglines were down for a while, so I was even concerned that people would have to resubscribe to mine, but I think they're ok.

Best wishes!!

And happy 300th post. I'm afraid to look at my post number. I flew right by 100 and barely celebrated! Maybe I'll make 300 a humdinger (unless of course I already missed it. I'll go check.

 
At November 21, 2006, Blogger Lynn said...

Cordial congrats on your 300 # post. I am impressed by 300 of anything. But, the blog thing mess up you're having is another story. I don't know enough about it but I think I would be a "quitter" if I got called SPAM! The bathroom redo is very reminiscent of happenings here. Last month after way too much HGTV, I started a little (?) redo on my own. It ended up costing $$$$$$$ major to fix my mess. But, turned out stunning! So, good luck. Get out your check book and change channels. QUICK.

 
At November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap!!! This is your 19th comment. What the hell are you bitching about?

I haven't missed a day since June, and I've never had trouble with my feed....but I rarely get 19 comments unless I've posted a butt shot.

But then I guess I'm doing alright considering I'm not a blogging chick and I don't praise the Lord.

 
At November 21, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

man, how could your amazing and original site be considered spam? what's happening in the world? there's no hope for any of us now, folks.

 
At November 22, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

Hey and at least you spelled my name write when you called my template boring!

 
At November 22, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Lynn, WELCOME NEWBIE! And thanks! How'd you find me? Callin' me names is just fightin' words, and I don't go down easy >:(. I hear ya on HGTV messin' with you....those shows are as bad as the daily deluge of catalogs we receive...if I don't see it, I don't want it, but lawd, when I do...another story :/.

Karmyn, Yeah, I've decided that paying for it IS worth it...if they're better hosts, more efficient, that'll save time and frustration. It's cheaper than a movie & concessions.......

Malissa, You KNOW I like it as far as standard templates go...heck, I've picked it TWICE! As far as your time, good gracious woman, you're running a business & home schooling, I don't see how you blog in the first place!

Marnie, HOW COULD I WHINE WHEN THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE W/MUCH BIGGER CRAP THAN ME? AT least I don't have to boil water before drinking it! (Sorry chickadee) The engineers are "working" on a few things for me.....(right)

Oh, and I started a trial w/tp, but what was I thinking? I can't really fool around w/it much til next week...:/.

Kelly, I resubbed, too, but it's not showing my latest....IT'S A CONSPIRACY, I SAY, A CONSPIRACY!

WT, officially, this is 22, but when you figure 5 are my own, well, it's only 17;).

Is Heather mocking me? Hard to shoot someone in the back....(lol)

Malissa, do I win a prize (I should be shot for THAT one...it's in the mail :/).

 
At November 22, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

geez! I'm homeschooling and can't even spell right right;0!

I'm just picking on ya;)

 
At November 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thankful that I stopped by today. Hope that your bathroom and blog issue will be soon taken care of. I was surprised to see your old template back, but then again - I understand that things get messed up sometimes. I always seem to mess up my comment section :)...

I do hope that you will have a grant time during Thanksgiving, even when you are entertaining a gazillion people...

 
At November 24, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

I hope you get it figured to... then you can tell me what I should do too. Bloglines isn't updating my feed either either :(

I hope your blog feels better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

I really, REALLY hope this isn't lost in translation
Judge NOT
My last post got me wondering....
I saw some crazy people tonight
Mmmm, Mmmm, Good!
"I want you just the way you are..."
Cartoon hearts are floating
Robin-2, Laposaur-1
CHANG-A-LICIOUS!!!
If you had been a fly on the wall during our trip...


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: