Wednesday, November 15
Mmmm, Mmmm, Good!
Contrary to what the title might suggest (depending on how old you are), this is NOT a Campbell's Soup post.

Today it is a deliciously dreary day. Gray skies, fallish temps, and my favorite part--a relentless, rhythmic rainfall beating an uneven liquid cadence on rooftop and ground, drumrolling music not just to my ears but to my soul. I absolutely LOVE weather like this, especially when I have the luxury of appreciating it from the coziness of home. Perhaps a blazing fire in our fireplace would be the "chocolate shavings" on top of a mile-high mound of whipped cream, topping a venti-sized mug of hot chocolate....sigh...but at least I have the hot chocolate and whipped cream.

Because days like this are the exception, not the rule, I can appreciate them. If I lived in Seattle I'd probably smack someone like me who's pollyanna-ing what could be viewed as a miserable, wet, traffic-nightmare-causing rainfall. Our drive time to school this morning took three times as long as normal; good thing I left early, we barely made it by the ring of the first bell. If too many days of sunshine and blue skies elude, this tune of mine begins to falter, but for now, my spirit sings.

Perhaps part of my demeanor is tied to some of my favorite "friends" who get to visit between now and Spring--sweaters and jeans and thick socks, oh my! My preferred "uniform" when it's cool enough is a vee-neck long-sleeved white tee and my favorite pair of blue jeans, worn well from having been worn often..."soft" in all the right places that make them unique to my DNA. I don't care WHAT happened in "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants", nobody else's jeans glove you the way your favorite pair of jeans hugs your southern half. Do I hear an "Amen!"? Why, yes, I think I hear a few.

But my primo-most favoritest outfit from last year is what I am wearing today. Mmmmmm, I'm in textile texture heaven! I wish you could touch me (now THAT'LL bring out the freaks, YIKES! rephrase, rephrase QUICKLY), let's make that my arm and kneecap. A pair of velveteen pants and a cozy sweater, and at least while I'm home, a pair of outrageous chenille socks of my daughter's (she has quite the sock collection--while no slave to fashion, she LURVES her comfort, cozylicious, chenille sock collection....shhhh, so do I; they're "her precious"). When I'm out and about later on today, I will most likely be the receiver of many a sideways glance, as observers notice me unconsciously hugging myself. This sweater still feels as good as I remember.

Ooooo, and one of the sursies my husband gave me for our anniversary is a NEW sweater made of the same plush yarn!! I would have that on today, but since I've worn it three times since Saturday, it's in the wash. In case you're wondering (and by now, I know you aren't), this picture is not me, although it wouldn't surprise me if the face recognition gurus at myheritage.com said I look 87% like an Asian model. It could be worse...they could say I look like Little Richard or something;).

  Into the pensieve on Wednesday, November 15, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (12)


12 Comments:
At November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloglines seems to be working again, and unless you have it would my not realise that you don't actually get the true blog page, just the post and any pictures.

The reason I just spent an hour writing that, is to explain how it was that when I started reading your post I thought I was reading Ree, that is until I came to... "rhythmic rainfall beating an uneven liquid cadence on rooftop and ground, drumrolling music not just to my ears but to my soul" WTF!!!

It was then that I knew that Toto and I weren't in Oklahoma anymore.

 
At November 15, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

WT: 1) I have Bloglines, thank you very much. 2) Bite me! 3) I was friggin' waxing poetic because of the rain 4) I'm telling Bentley and Buddy and the B-kitties that you're cheating on them with some mutt named Toto. 5) You must be REALLY OLD b/c you don't seem to remember you live in Australia...in the bush, not the outback;). 6) You can get away with MOCKING ME only because....it made me giggle. Out loud. (and I really would like to call you something ugly, but ***BIG SIGH*** my kids :/.

 
At November 15, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Laurel, thanks sweetie.

 
At November 15, 2006, Blogger Claudia said...

I used to love days like that...until I moved to Baltimore and endless gray winter days just sapped me....I still love a good thunderstorm though...but the kind that blows right on through..

 
At November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite cup-o-java would look exactly like the photo there.

My favorite pants? I think I've decided the ones I got on the clearance rack at a clearance store yesterday (some store with a number and loads of stuff - none of which has a theme of any sort). They're Gap, which is very un-me. They're sweats, which is very MUCH me. And they're bright blue, so I may not wear them anywhere but home;)

But COMFY!!!!

 
At November 15, 2006, Blogger LeftCoastOnlooker said...

cool, about the sweater -- I'm still waiting for a snuggle-into-a-sweater-day -- maybe in February.
You're not asian? I so thought that was you in the pic -- you know, they say 1 out of every 5 Americans is asian

 
At November 15, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

Well its only November and I already am SICK TO DEATH of the rain....rain rain rain all day long - mucking up my birdseed, leaving big wet muddy puddles by the backdoor, leaking inside my mailbox, frizzing out my hair, and making me just dang depressed.

It is that time of year when I am constantly drying off a wet cat, wiping up muddy dog prints, and desperately looking for a little bit of sunshine.

and I still have a good 5 months more to go of it. sigh.

But, yes - I LOVE my big comfy sweaters. The softer the better!!!!

 
At November 15, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

mmm!!! you should live up here--you could wear it from Oct to May!

 
At November 16, 2006, Blogger Susannah said...

Well, I live in that Northwest city you made mention of... but I'm not about to sock-it-to-you! Those of us who have stayed here have either grown webbed feet, or have flown the coop. As for me, I dream continually of sunny southern climes. (My daughter gave me a pair of purple mohair socks a few years ago, and I mostly wear them to bed.) Today was grey and dreary, the commute pure liquid, but I brightened the whole scenario by hanging a Christmas wreath on our front door. Give me FL or CA anytime! Enjoy your cosy though Robin, I do understand... lol! :~)

 
At November 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send some rain down here to Oklahoma guys! We need it really bad!

Oh, and I want to know where he got the sweater. I want one.

 
At November 17, 2006, Blogger Claudia said...

The more I look at the sweater she's wearing, the more I want one....

 
At November 17, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Kelly, I COULD DRINK THIS PICTURE!!!

Karmyn...feelin'...your...pain :/. Sorry I pollyanna-ed out on you ;).

To all y'all who have MORE THAN ENOUGH of this weather...sor-ry...I live in a four-season climate, so I have the luxury of lovin' them all :D!

Janice, you may not know this, but I'm missing you :)...loved those early email exchanges (and your thoughts on my Dr. K post....). Gotta find 5 more minutes or something ;). I'll ask my daughter if she'll share her warm fuzzies.....

Julie, sounds like there's enough rain to go around if we could figure out how to share it.

BTW, the sweater is J. Jill and it is......MUCHO FABULOUSO!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

"I want you just the way you are..."
Cartoon hearts are floating
Robin-2, Laposaur-1
CHANG-A-LICIOUS!!!
If you had been a fly on the wall during our trip...
24 Hours of Magic...and Then Some
Vindication and Glory
Will I EVER Write About Our Beach & Disney Trip?
Blogging Chicks Carnival Time
Surprise a "friend" of mine....


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: