Friday, November 10
Robin-2, Laposaur-1
Today I am thankful my head is firmly attached to my shoulders. Yes, the discombobulation continues....and the vertigo :/. I am resigned to the fact it's not going away on its own, so next week I will be visiting a doctor to diagnose the inner ear infection that has got to be causing this. Just when I thought it might be gone, this morning I was treated to a particularly wicked spin.

After an early morning appointment, I was meeting a friend for lunch before picking Thomas up from school for an ortho appointment. I was very early for lunch, it was too far to drive home, and frankly, I was thrilled to have AN HOUR to read some of my cyberpals. There was angel-devil-shoulder debate about reading instead, but when free wi-fi is in the house, I take advantage.

Please refer to sentence two of paragraph one now. My wireless connection was on the blitz [Insert your favorite profane statement here.]. I clicked everything I could think of to determine and repair the problem (it had worked fine earlier this week). Then.......after about half an hour, I sucked it up and called Tad. One of the error messages was to make sure my wireless switch was enabled--thing is, I don't exactly have a switch, it's a function of the function keys. He told me the toggle, and I toggled...nada. So, I kept clickin' and even asked the very smart-looking student next to me if she had any ideas. Suffice it to say, her smart looks had nothing to do with computers.

Now it became a challenge--man vs. beast. Yes, BEAST. My laposaur was NOT going to win. I would not give it consent to make me feel inferior. So......I called 4-1-1 and got a connection to the Geek Squad at Best Buy. Yep, the Geek Squad. They told me the same thing Tad did, and without going in to the store, that was the best they could offer.

But guess what? I kept a' clickin' and finally......FINALLY, due diligence paid off. I figured it out--but can't tell you because it's a double-naught secret (aka I have no idea how to recreate it...something about enabling something that had been disabled. If I find out "how" it became disabled I will hurt someone). My student neighbor was proud of me. The staff at Panera was hopeful I would now give up my table or order more than a Pepsi (which I HAD to buy because of the companion nausea experienced during my ride on Vertigo) . Me? I could finally check in on a few of you. It only took an hour to show Mr. Lappy who's the boss.

Except then my lunch date showed up and that was the end of that. Talk about timing :/.

  Into the pensieve on Friday, November 10, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (20)


20 Comments:
At November 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very quickly visiting a few blogs since I've not had any time to do much reading/commenting the last 5 days.
I had a "vertigo" problem and it had something to do with calcium deposits in my ear...duh?
I promise not to pimp your blog anymore.

 
At November 10, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

For just a moment, when you said your lunch showed up, I thought you meant because of your vertigo

 
At November 10, 2006, Blogger Lori said...

Congrats on defeating the lap-o-thingy! I still don't have wi-fi. I don't think TV remotes were even invented when I bought my laptop.

 
At November 10, 2006, Blogger Susan in va said...

WOO HOO! I'm impressed! I think the "lap-o-thingy" (LOL Lori!) would have defeated me :(

My mother has an occasional flare up of "vertigo", however she has been given no reason for what may be causing it. From what I can tell, it's NO FUN. I hope you start feeling better.

 
At November 10, 2006, Blogger Claudia said...

Way to go Robin! You da boss!

 
At November 10, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

I saw on the news that an inner ear infection is going around - around adults, not kids.

 
At November 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the little hamster that spins the motor in my laptop died. I am not stuck to the wall with the desktop.

 
At November 10, 2006, Blogger willowtree said...

Go to the doctor.

 
At November 11, 2006, Blogger Susannah said...

I hope you get that medical problem sorted out... it's starting to sound a little worrisome. Prayers. And more prayers. I think about praying for you at the oddest times, like just as I'm falling asleep. You're covered here. Hugs.

 
At November 11, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

kinda hanging around watching for your diagnosis ??????????????????????????

Some of the blogs I read, I would just say, awwww it just a dizzy dame,
...
but a little worried about your pretty spinning head.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (just humming until you get back to us)

 
At November 11, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

that sounds like no fun! Is anyone able to help you?!

 
At November 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA!!! Glad you're getting it figured out.

You see, this is why all my electronics are antiques. I don't have time to select the right replacements.

And after years of ineffectiveness, I've become accustomed to their quirks.

What would I do with the newfangled problems??? I would surely go mad.

(yeah, yeah, I know. ALREADY THERE.)

 
At November 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vertigo... maybe a delayed reaction to the Teacups and Disneyworld?

I'm baaaaack! Barely alive, but back.

Marnie

 
At November 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like the looks of this at all!

It's been Friday since anyone has seen you, no posts, no comments, very unusual. I sure hope you are OK.

 
At November 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad I clicked on your link this morning - needed a smile...(btw my favorite swear-word - 'Nuts' - don't ask - but it is).
My lappy gave me a little attitude yesterday - couldn't connect either - but I had to consult our son to figure out what in the world was wrong with it! He says it is my network-card that keeps knocking out the wireless connection in our home...okay - so how can I fix it? New network-card, Mom...
Oh well, guess I will be knocking out the connection for a little longer.
Have a blessed Monday.

 
At November 13, 2006, Blogger Sally said...

Don't you hate it when you have simple plans and hope to enjoy those plans or at least get some things accomplished and then those simple plans go awry and become overwhelmingly complicated? That's exactly what happened to me today so I know how you feel!

 
At November 13, 2006, Blogger Claudia said...

Robin....I believe you are MIA right now. You ok?

 
At November 13, 2006, Blogger LeftCoastOnlooker said...

You are now, officially, our Geek Squad!
Hey, hope you're doin' ok

 
At November 13, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

Smash it into 1000 pieces. Works for me!

 
At November 14, 2006, Blogger Claudia said...

Robin, I just read your comments...and aw! You are so sweet! I am doing fine...it was just one of those nights. Yes, I do wish it were possible to write everything, but like you said, who knows who reads!! I am so glad to have "met" you as well!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

CHANG-A-LICIOUS!!!
If you had been a fly on the wall during our trip...
24 Hours of Magic...and Then Some
Vindication and Glory
Will I EVER Write About Our Beach & Disney Trip?
Blogging Chicks Carnival Time
Surprise a "friend" of mine....
You Move, You Lose
Someone forgot to tell me I'm a black man
Unexpected Gifts (I wasn't finished...)


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: