Thursday, January 26
Guilty pleasures........
I just discovered J. Jill since it opened here a few months ago. I never shopped there before we moved, I'd always pass it by. That being said...........I have turned into a CLOTHES MOLESTER!!! All their sweaters FEEL absolutely yummy (and the colors are cool). Much softer than any chenille throw you could wrap yourself in. My children find extra reasons to touch me when I'm wearing one :).

I also just learned you can have "audioblogs" (might be something I play with in the future). I mention that here because I WISH there was such thing as a "sensoryblog", then you could FEEL exactly what I'm talking about 'cause the picture just don't do it justice. This IS the sweater I have (no, that's not me, I have a head and I'm not that stiff), the color is "vicuna". I never heard that word before, so curious me, I looked it up (I woulda just called it cocoa or coffee bean or BROWN for heaven's sake!). And lo and behold, I learned about an animal I never knew existed before now!! Here's a picture...

Hmmm...shopping has become EDUCATIONAL!!! I wonder if anyone (any husband) will buy that as an excuse for a girl's day out. "Honey, I'm going to go learn with the friends today."

  Into the pensieve on Thursday, January 26, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (6)


6 Comments:
At February 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He, he he. Funny blog! Vicuna. Cool word and strange looking animal, but fun to say. Love ya, mean it, bye!

 
At February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so worth a try! Thanks for the word of the day....apparently, blogging is educational too!~Kari

 
At February 21, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Anonymous? ANONYMOUS??? You're ANYTHING but anonymous. Glad you stopped in. I might like sharing my pensieve with a few beloveds...or those bored out of their minds surfin' blogs... See? I think we could come up with a few more "educational" things to do if we just put our minds to it.

 
At October 09, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

educational shopping! woo hoo I'm all for it!

 
At October 12, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

If you did an audio blog... maybe you could get one of those creatures bleating in the background. I'm curious if they bleat or what.

 
At October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol learning -- now I have 2 reasons to shop.
I learned that shopping is biblical. you see, Adam & Eve had a really bad day (ate the fruit, sinned, fell, lost their home, eternal curse, etc), & God gave them new clothes. So, when I have a bad day, I tell my dh I need to go get a new outfit :) Now, I can use the "learning" line, too.
Or, research :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

Death, my friend, is evidence of life LIVED. The ...
What in the "HA-EL" is in THAT jar???
Some things are just wrong..............
Celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr.
A Partial View
I never thought I'd "get" Jack Kevorkian...
Ordinary becomes spectacular
This is what I feel like.......
Walkin' on sunshine, yeah, yeah!
A MUST-READ for Wives


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: