Wednesday, January 25
Death, my friend, is evidence of life LIVED. The death to self preceeds physical death, and both are resisted, both bring momentary pain. But, this is the means through which we enter greater life, the mysterious but inimitable entrance to eternity. Only those who've drank from its cup know the sweetness it yields. Only those who've tasted realize THIS is for what their hearts have been longing since birth, beautiful in its time.

What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These perishable bodies of ours are not able to live forever. But let me tell you a wonderful secret God has revealed to us. Not all of us will die, but we will all be transformed. It will happen in a moment, in the blinking of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, the Christians who have died will be raised with transformed bodies. And then we who are living will be transformed so that we will never die. For our perishable earthly bodies must be transformed into heavenly bodies that will never die. When this happens--when our perishable earthly bodies have been transformed into heavenly bodies that will never die--then at last the Scriptures will come true:
"Death is swallowed up in victory.
O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”
For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. How we thank God, who gives us victory over sin and death through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

~1 Corinthians 15:50-57 (NLT)

  Into the pensieve on Wednesday, January 25, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (3)


3 Comments:
At October 09, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

Even knowing the Lord, dying seems like no fun. I'm not looking forward to my loved ones dying.

But at the same time I don't want to live forever in this world and certainly not in this body.

 
At October 12, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

we were made for eternity.
I find it difficult to accept death.

 
At October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one of the most comforting phrases is "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."
I don't know how those with no hope think about death.
Even with hope, I've found myself fearful at times. So, I plunged into it. I wrote my letter to those left behind. Then I started finding the people who've influenced me & telling them why I'm thankful for them. At first, I thought it would feel weird, like I was planning to die, soon. But, what I really managed to do was renew old friendships. Now, I love reconnecting with old friends & acquaintences.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

What in the "HA-EL" is in THAT jar???
Some things are just wrong..............
Celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr.
A Partial View
I never thought I'd "get" Jack Kevorkian...
Ordinary becomes spectacular
This is what I feel like.......
Walkin' on sunshine, yeah, yeah!
A MUST-READ for Wives
The cake's at least 10% BIGGER....


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: