Saturday, October 7
Pimpin' My Blog (aka CONTEST TIME!)
This will be a shameless post...gratuitous...self-serving. You should stop reading right now if those things disgust you (don't say you weren't warned).

If they don't, keep going.

I'm headed out for a few days, and it looks like I won't be able to post anything new. How ironic is that, given my new toy? I won't get to play with it until I get back:/. Bum-mer!

It's publish or perish in the blogosphere......it's not exactly "absence makes the heart grow fonder". More likely, it's "Thank God that's one less Blogline I'll be hearing from...! "

A while back, Willowtree thought a post of mine was nothing more than a shameless attempt to increase blog traffic. It wasn't, not in that case, anyway. Then, WT has an epiphany about why one of his favorite bloggers had such a high readership. HIS readers responded (including this one), it even required a follow-up post (which I ain't linking to 'cause there's already enough of that in one paragraph for heaven's sake), all in all, great fun.

BUT, he DID give me an idea for a couple of posts. It's about time, since he's told me on multiple occasions I've inspired him...which is NOT always a compliment ;) ). This is the second idea (the first one will be written later).

Because it's early, and I have lots to do before heading out, I'm cutting to the chase--

1) I'm having a contest.
2) There will be prizes.
3) I don't want to return home to find out y'all have forgotten Pensieve.
4) I blogged for six months in obscurity...it's a lot more fun now (although, believe it or not, I enjoyed it then.). This is a way to give those old thoughts a little life.
5) Contest categories...you may select a) none b) all


[A] Reader Referral

Tell your readers that you're competing for a prize by directing traffic here. They must leave a comment telling me you sent them. The person who sends the most new peeps wins.

Prize: Mikwright Family Style book (retail value $9.95). This stuff is hilarious but definitely PG-13 rated. There's a greeting card line from the same people. They always make me laugh.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

[B] Committed commentor.

For those of you who are curious what the heck I was saying before anyone was listening (besides the voices in my head), the reader who goes waaaaaay back into the archives (September '05~around March '06) and makes thoughtful comments wins. This is about both content (demonstrating you actually read the post) AND volume--both objective & subjective). Heck, they're new to YOU, so pretend I just wrote 'em.

Prize: $10 Barnes & Noble giftcard

[C] Where is Robin and What is She Doing? ** Ok, guys...those who know me in real life may not answer this one **

If anyone guesses rightly, you win something, but I don't know what....I'll try to match it to the winner :).

[D] My Favorite Comment of the Week, aka GRAND PRIZE

This is for the reader who brings me the most "joy" when I'm reading through your comments. It can be serious or kind or funny or whatever. I'll know "it" when I see it. It can be for any post I've written, even if you commented on it before.

Prize: A bottle of Joy Eau de Toilette, 1.5 ounces, a $45 value. This was a gift to me several years ago, but it's still in its original packaging--boxed & shrinkwrapped. I assume it still smells divine...I just gave up perfume for my favorite Bath & Body flavors about the same time I received this (NOT from Tad :) ).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Willowtree, THIS is what a "shameless attempt at increasing traffic" looks like. I should be ashamed of myself, but I'm not ;).

Oh, and Danno...you wondered where I'd "go" after MM then Jesus & elephants...bet you never thought I'd end up "here" ;).

Now, some fun & games as I head out......enjoy:).

Click here to see Kramer in action.

Kramer photo credit

  Into the pensieve on Saturday, October 07, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (30)


30 Comments:
At October 08, 2006, Blogger willowtree said...

Holy Crapoli! This is a brilliant, truly inspired piece of blog pimping! "I doffs me hat to yer."

I think I might have a go at a couple of these.

 
At October 08, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

This means I've got to go find my reading glasses.
and make up all sorts of fake names and fake web sites and pertinent comments so that I can win.
giggle.ci

 
At October 08, 2006, Blogger Susan in va said...

Oooh fun! You have a lot of creative readers so the comments should be interesting. I hit your blog a few times a day sometimes just to read the comments! Looks like I'd better get to reading.....

 
At October 09, 2006, Blogger Chilihead2 said...

I read you regularly, but today Kelli at Pass the Torch sent me!

 
At October 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay you shameless link-getter, I'm in. It may take me a WEEK to read all the instructions, though;)

 
At October 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This ladies and gentlemen is creative (albeit a little narcissistic) genius at work!!!
I am impressed. Sheerly overwhelmed by your level of commitment to "pimpin'" out your site. Way to go!
This is definately one of those: oooh, I wish i'd-a thought of that!

 
At October 09, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

Ahem -

I'm back after shamelessly commenting willy nilly yesterday.

My guess for your game -

You are NOT at the beach. You are at that cool Women's Retreat having a grand ole time with some Sistah's.

 
At October 09, 2006, Blogger M J said...

I am all about Shameless attempts at drawing Blog traffic!

Anyone reading this... If you would like to see Naked Pictures of Me please head on over to my blog. Check the archives.. they are there somewhere. Tell your friends to look too!

 
At October 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad Malissa at Malissa's Merry-Go-Round sent me here! :-)

 
At October 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malissa's Merry-Go-Round directed me here.
You make me dizzy

 
At October 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah! Where is she?
traveling with a belly-dancing troupe

 
At October 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Marnie sent me here...but I think she is just having a moment of shameless self-promotion, because I'm pretty sure there aren't any naked pictures of her. ;)

 
At October 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa ratted me out. Whoever said that the "truth will set you free" obviously never attempted shameless blog pimping.

 
At October 10, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

Okay - I am officially saying that Marnie sent me (only because I feel so sorry for her - all the lying about naked pictures of herself. She's so desperate! hee hee)

 
At October 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Robin,
Malissa sent me over.....I always see your comments on the merry-go-round........I'm glad I stopped by!

 
At October 11, 2006, Blogger willowtree said...

Willowtree sent me. I'm a different willowtree, and its pure coincidence that we have slightly simliar avatars.

He sent about 85 of my church group over too, but blogger had a stroke with all the extra traffic and I think some of the comments may have disappeared.

 
At October 11, 2006, Blogger Sally said...

I was referred to your blog by Marnie at "I didn't say it was your fault..."

I'll guess where you are:

You're on a photo shoot in Malta. Your job isn't to photograph uber-thin models but to provide them with iced bottles of Evian. With straw. Ever time a model trembles as if she's going to faint from starvation, you're to grab a bottle of Evian, squeeze precisely one quarter of a lemon into it, insert straw and hold bottle and straw to model's artificially plumped lips.

Hope you enjoy the photo shoot, otherwise!

 
At October 11, 2006, Blogger Claudia said...

Robin, you are a hysterical! I've got ya bookmarked sooo..unless you disappear, i'll keep reading.

 
At October 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great read :) I don't quite get blogging, but I have to say your writing is rather amusing. Glad that Malissa, from Malissa's Merry-Go-Round directed me here!

 
At October 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Malissa sent me to check out your blog. Nice to see you! (Now let's hope I get this right.)

 
At October 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! Malissa gave me the link- thanks for letting us know about this cool blog Malissa!

 
At October 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog! :) Malissa sent me here.

 
At October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a nice blog. Malissa sent me here.

 
At October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malissa is spreading the word! She sent me here to check out your blog.

P.S. My easily distracted mind was a littled scared to read that "Joy Eau de Toilette" probably smells divine. My juvenile self read it "Joy Eww de Toilet" - and wondered just how divine does that ewwy toilet joy smell? :-p

 
At October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malissa sent me, too!

Interesting blog.

 
At October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't I just keep leaving comments like this saying Malissa sent me as anonymous, though? Will you be able to count? This is just 2 for me, btw. She really did send a whole blog-load of people!

 
At October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malissa sent me too!!! Very cool blog!! :)

 
At October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malissa sent me to see what you were doing here. ~ Chelle

 
At October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malissa sent me too!

 
At October 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malissa (Malissa's Merry Go Round) sent me too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

Mama's Gotta Brand New Bag
Blind Men, Elephants and Jesus
I Cannot Believe I Found This...!
Oooooo! That feels n i c e!
It is NOT all about me
You're Invited
SING WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't sell my kids for a gazillion dollars...
When I said "Raining cats & dogs" in my last post...
Seriously, do I LOOK like Lucy???


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: