Thursday, October 5
Oooooo! That feels n i c e!
Balance is a difficult thing. For me, anyway.

One of my favorite blogpeeps, e-mom, reminded me of the "Tyranny of the Urgent" ; in this case, she excerpted a portion of the book bearing the same name by Charles E. Hummel, originally published in 1967 and revised in '94. Its general premise is summarized by his observation that "We live in a constant tension between the urgent and the important."

Basically it's a matter of prioritizing the important things in our lives, so we aren't reactionary to, and our time governed by, the urgent things that often speak much more loudly and ever-more-so demanding.

Blogging takes time (lol.....huh?). Just this morning, one of my best friends in the world was ripping me about how much time it must take to write--and read--to "know" y'all well enough to refer you to other places in the blogosphere. As fellow bloggers, I don't have to tell ya that you get a feel pretty early on whether or not you're kindreds. The problem is, there are a heckofa lot of kindreds (I'm smiling). And the neatest thing about my kindredbloggerfriends is that there's so much diversity! I like that. But, because I've seen how easy it is to spend way too much time in front of a computer screen, I'm not reading...and commenting as much as I'd like to. Always a game of catch up for me, but some of y'all know that pattern better than me :). Heck, believe it or not, I'm not even writing as much as I'd like (lol).

Anyway, I just want y'all to know, you feed my soul in a sense. You know ad nauseum that I'm a words of encouragement girl. Lawd, chile, I've written about it over and over, and honestly, right now I'm too lazy too pressed for time to find the other links. Your words touch me; while I am most certainly not interested in readers who agree with me all the time, an intelligent difference of opinion feeds me just as much as one that shares my view (although most of my stuff is random and rather non-controversial to begin with).

Today, I was once again overwhelmed by the kindness of another favorite blog pal, Iris over at Sting My Heart, aka Eph2810. She was blowing all kinds of air up my skirt--y'all might as well start calling me Marilyn ;). She decorated my blog with a new little button thing in my right sidebar :) (read her post and you'll know why I'm Snoopy Dancin').

I promise, this stuff doesn't swell my head, it humbles me. It gives me reason to be thankful. It reminds me that my words carry responsibility.

...think before you speak....

  Into the pensieve on Thursday, October 05, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (16)


16 Comments:
At October 05, 2006, Blogger Susan in va said...

I know what you mean about blog reading and writing taking up so much time. As my circle of "blog friends" keeps getting bigger, the more time it takes me to keep up with everybody. As much as I could sit here at my computer reading all day, I've go TOOOO much to do. Your blog has been a lot fun lately :) I enjoy reading your posts and all of the funny comments! (That poem day was a blast!) Oh well, someone needs me. Gotta go!

 
At October 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Susan. You are a lot of fun; either your posts make me smile or think - and some posts just make *lol* - You are hoot to hang out with, but hard to keep track of all your posts *grin*...
Have a wonderful day :)...
BTW - E-Mom always has great resources, doesn't she?

 
At October 05, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

yes - my circle keeps getting bigger and bigger - but you know what? Instead of watching tv in the evening I blog (no Greys Anatomy for me). So - while the kids are eating lunch, I blog. In the evening when the husband reads kids books, I blog. and you know what? I'm NOT giving it up either. (TV was a cinch to give up)

 
At October 05, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

P.S. - I'm waiting for your VOTE on my Avatar before I change it. THANKS

 
At October 05, 2006, Blogger Susannah said...

Woohoo! Love that cool button in your sidebar. You deserve it. (Iris is a doll.) Thanks much for the uber-mention. Must go back to a few other important things now... :~)

 
At October 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so deserving, girl! And now you're like, well, you're

F-A-M-O-U-S!!

 
At October 05, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

Well, I am glad you take the time to write and to frequent all of the sites and leave encouraging comments. Thanks for that.

Oh... and keep that skirt down. It's not modest ;)

 
At October 05, 2006, Blogger willowtree said...

More pictures of Marylin!

It really must take you some time, you're one of the most committed commenters in the blogosphere (I mean that in a good way).

 
At October 05, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

GIVE UP GREY'S ANATOMY? BLOGGING HAS FRIED YOUR MIND, KARMYN. Time for you to take a break! Of course, I'm blogging but planning to watch it w/Tad later tonight when he gets home...


Susan, Iris, E-mom & Kelly...can you imagine getting together for coffee or lunch or something??? Giggles, snorts & a whole lotta chat. And we'd have to take pics to post...HA!

Mike.....I think I'm losing my touch, there is no.freakin'.way to keep it up...:/ But I'm glad you visited, and after your "fashion show" at your place, no wonder you made a reference to the skirt ;).

WT, done Snoopy boy :). Yep, I'm committed alright...!!!

 
At October 05, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Uh...Kar, you're in on the lunch, too ;)

 
At October 05, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

Very neat stuff;)!

I have had to cut back on my blog reading too.

 
At October 06, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

I have to admit.. I was blogging and missed the first part of Greys Anatomy
BUT -- w e a r e s a v e d

you can see the missing Episodes on Interenet

My list of blogs I read are getting longer ... and my butt is getting broader... and my husband is getting neglected.

 
At October 06, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Pamela, did yo see McDreamy on the cover of US or something in the grocery store? When the episode opened last night, Tad and I watched together, and ai yi yi, what a fantasy! Yum-a-licious. Since they weren't "doing" anything, is it okay to envy Meredith??? O:)

 
At October 07, 2006, Blogger Susannah said...

I would love to MIRL! (Just learned that means "meet in real life") Whenever I get together with like-minded individuals the volume of our conversation gets louder and louder... we all end up yelling to be heard above the others, because we're all talking simultaneously! My husband just.could.not.keep.up the last time it happened at a reunion with some old friends... and he's really chatty for a man. We wouldn't let that happen now would we?

 
At October 07, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At October 07, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

E-mom, if you think I talk alot here, OMW...get me in person. Actually, I remind myself what I remind my children, "God gave you two ears and one mouth so you could listen twice as much as you speak." Sometimes an o.u.c.h.:/

But, if you're ever in Tennessee....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

It is NOT all about me
You're Invited
SING WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't sell my kids for a gazillion dollars...
When I said "Raining cats & dogs" in my last post...
Seriously, do I LOOK like Lucy???
Much Ado About Nothing
Professional music reviewer, I am not...
Warm & Fuzzy
Coffee.....J a v a l i c i o u s!!


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: