Monday, November 6
Will I EVER Write About Our Beach & Disney Trip?
Three weeks after our Florida vacation, I'm just now getting around to writing about it. ..that whole discombobulated and living out of a suitcase thing.

It's also time to fess up that my perfectly painted tootsies are discombobulated, too. Ewwwww! Look at that pic to the right:(. It brings both mental and physical duress for me just to look at it! I'm not sure WHAT happened to start the break in my nail, but Stephen finished it off when Birkenstock-clad foot met soccer cleat. I actually went to a nail salon and requested an acrylic tip, but they laughed at me explained it was a lost cause while compassionately clipping the last remaining thread of keratin. They also painted the disgusting ridged nail bed to try to camoflage my grotesque toe disfigurement, but that just looked s a d to me, kind of like using concealer to "hide" a humongous zitoid (ain't foolin' nobody). Although I bandaged it for a while, now I'm hesitant to confess my toenails are bare-naked...it's almost enough to crush my spirit. Almost;).

Perhaps the saving grace is there's over six months for it to grow before baring my feet full time again. In the meantime, they're hiding, often in colorful socks, which is kind of like a spoonful of sugar :).

  Into the pensieve on Monday, November 06, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (9)


9 Comments:
At November 06, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

I say thank goodness for socks.

 
At November 06, 2006, Blogger Susan in va said...

YEEEEEOOOUCH! I had a strange big toenail accident happen when I was a teenager and it NEVER recovered! I've been told that the only way to have a normal nail again is to........remove it. I shudder at the thought. Thankfully, when the nail is polished (which is 363 days per year) you can't even see the deformity.

Wait. I'm not helping, am I?

 
At November 06, 2006, Blogger LeftCoastOnlooker said...

that is sad, so sorry :(
just put on the crocs ;)

 
At November 06, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

Ouch! That's a real bummer. Just keep your pedicure appointments going. That'll help it. If nothing else, it'll feel good ;)

I'm not to sure about the whole Crocs thing. I'm still a flip-flop person. Then again, my friends who wear Crocs seem to swear by them.

p.s. I got the myheritage thing to work :)

 
At November 06, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

yikes!!!

 
At November 06, 2006, Blogger Claudia said...

ooh...ow, ew...wince....that just looks painful. I bashed my toe yesterday and this morning when I went to re-clean and re-bandage, I realized that the nail was also torn. I'll be keeping it bandaged until it heals.

 
At November 06, 2006, Blogger willowtree said...

I hope you're not expecting me to comment in this.

 
At November 07, 2006, Blogger Susannah said...

Hard to look at, YES! But harder to live with, no doubt. You probably want to keep your toes under snuggly wraps right about now anyway. Maybe a new color to celebrate their unveiling in the spring?

 
At November 08, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Pamela, Amen sistah!

Susan, you mean we're toe sisters, too?

LCO, thank you for feeling my pain;).

Mike, did I talk about Crocs in this post? I don't remember...but yes, I KNOW I've talked @ 'em on this blog...I might've even posted pics. And yeah, they're Crocalicious!

Claudia, I'm feeling YOUR pain. Cybersmooches for your tootsies (if we were friends IRL, I would NOT be smoochin' your toes!)

WT, I have no idea what you mean (feigning innocence).

E-mom, I cannot wait to see OPI's new colors...btw, did you see the job I have listed on my profile?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

Blogging Chicks Carnival Time
Surprise a "friend" of mine....
You Move, You Lose
Someone forgot to tell me I'm a black man
Unexpected Gifts (I wasn't finished...)
Waaaaayyyyy too cool!
Unexpected Gifts
Do you want someone to tell you if...
White and Nerdy
He Ain't Heavy...


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: