Saturday, June 10
While the cat's away, the mice will play
I don't use profanity for effect here out of respect for those who read me and would be offended, but if I did, now would be the time!
>:-( grrrrrrrrrr!!

Got home late on Thursday and have been catching up ever since. GREAT time away for all of us, more on that later. For now, get this:

I was cookin' a home-cooked meal last night since it's been a while...open my spice drawer, and I notice my bagged spices look weird. The white and black sesame seed bags are ripped open and EMPTY. Then I notice the basil bag is ripped and partially gone, cumin has a hole in it but is mostly intact. The crystalized garlic is completely untouched.

And it s l o w l y dawned on me that there was a mouse in my house (*&^&%$! I threw out the bagged stuff, took out all the bottles and sprayed them down with anti-bacterial spray. Like this was what I wanted to be doing WHILE simultaneously cooking dinner. I had to get something hot out of the oven and stuck my hand in the gloved potholder. It felt like crumbs were in it, so I dumped it out over the sink. I'm not too bright, b/c it didn't occur to me these things were related. Out poured a pile of black sesame seeds (yes, I'm certain they were sesame seeds).

Turns out, that [expletive deleted] mouse went drawer-diving and had a heyday in the process. Our floor was not yet sealed from our new oven being installed, so our visitor had free reign. I've had to empty ALL our drawers, run everthing that could be run through the dishwasher, wash cloth items, throw out stuff and disinfect the drawers...ICKY! Now, I'm off to inspect the cabinets which will make the drawer job look like a piece of cake.

The little sucker is playing a sweet game of hide-and-seek now, but his days are numbered. Callie is lurking.........:)

  Into the pensieve on Saturday, June 10, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (10)


10 Comments:
At June 10, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

What a nice home coming....NOT!

 
At June 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Um, Mom, the mouse's name is Maurice, you are insulting him when you don't call him by the proper name.) Poor Maurice (sniff); I bet Callie will have a lovely dinner tonight, though, if she's not too lazy to catch him.

 
At June 10, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Hey Kamryn...yep, "Maurice" thought my cabinets were Disney World :/

...and great...my kids have named him...

 
At June 11, 2006, Blogger SuperMom said...

Funny, I had the same experience not so long ago. It was way creepy!! Mine wasn't spices. It was bags of pasta.

However, Cookie the Enforcer took care of our little (ahem) "problem".

Welcome to the Blogging Chicks!!

 
At June 12, 2006, Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

What a horrible way to come home from a wonderful trip to Edisto (we used to camp there every labor day for a week - oh how I miss it)

I don't care how cute they are (according to the kids) those little buggers creep me out!

Luckily (finding some wood to knock on) I haven't had to deal with that issue in this house!

I think its time to serve Maurice with his eviction papers!

 
At June 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gag!!

we've had mice before too, and they just make me SHUDDER with their nastiness!

they're only cute when disney is involved.

 
At June 13, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

HE'S STILL HERE...ICK ICK ICK...headed out to find the tools of murder this afternoon.

Welcome HolyMama, guess I shouldn't have such wicked and cruel thoughts...

 
At June 13, 2006, Blogger Christina said...

Hi Robin, I came across your blog through Blogging Chicks, which I just joined. Sorry to hear that you're dealing with mice. UGH. I haven't had that "wonderful" experience yet, although I have dealt with lizards in the house. YUK. Good thing I have a very vigilant cat!

Christina

 
At October 12, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

ewwww! that is nasty!

So did he come back? bring any friends?

 
At October 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, poor Maurice, we should have been better to him (sniff)
i assume that by now he has moved to mousey-heaven :)
So, I'm sitting here eating "choke" (today's lunch, pronounced jook, also called congee)& reading on my break when I start this post - jook is definitely not the dish to be eating when reading about mouse droppings. I looked down & there were little specks in my jook 8^(
It turned out to be peppercorns -- what a relief

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

I'll be back...
You KNOW I like to win...
FIVE THINGS
The one thing I can't say "no" to
Community over coffee
Randomries
That husband of mine...
Soapboxes, Shopping and Camera Phones
Determination
I figured it out!


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: