Saturday, December 9
It was SUPPOSED to be a SLEEPOVER...
...Instead, it was a STAY - AWAKE - ALL - NIGHT - OVER. For fourth graders.

The POSSESSED BEAST FOUL AND SURLY GARGOYLE grump that returns home is the host-mommy's payback for what she endured the previous evening. Why, it's the least she can do after filling your kid up with pizza and cake and ice cream (oh, my!). And overdosing on video games and air hockey and pool. Thanks. A lot.

Re-entry to humanity takes about 12 hours. After multiple naps (if you're lucky enough...today, we were).

Does the above look comfortable to YOU? Stephen crashed in Rachel's room and I'm certain he ended up in her chair because that is Callie's favorite napping spot. When we found him, Callie had escaped his snare and was sleeping comfortably on Rachel's bed. Stretched out, plenty of room, unlike her boy-owner.

I went back to check on him later, and he had disappeared from Rachel's room. I found him down the hall in his own, and at first, I thought he must have left his arms back at Rachel's. You'd think if the kid was trying to get more comfortable, he would've taken advantage of the fact he was on a BED. Maybe he sleepwalked (sleptwalked?) back to his room. Look closely at his face, he got creases in his cheek from the wrinkles in the fabric of the chair. At least he's fortunate enough NOT to have been drooling. He'd be super mad if I photographed that.

I was decorating our mantel while Christmas music decorated the air, when I saw him vertical again. Mr. Grump stomped into our den, with a not-so-happy look on his face. "Can you PLEASE cut that music DOWN? I can hear it all the way in my ROOM!" Actually, I don't think he asked that nicely. "What time did you say you went to sleep?" I asked. His tight-lipped reply? "I told you we didn't...maybe 5 minutes, I DON'T REMEMBER." As if that was in doubt.

Just like a mother, I patronizingly lovingly told him a shower would make him feel MUCH better, and brushing his teeth for the first time in 24 hours would make ME feel MUCH better; in return for my hug, he head-butted me.

By 8:00 p.m., showered, fed and watered, he was back to normal. Just in time for bed.

  Into the pensieve on Saturday, December 09, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (12)


12 Comments:
At December 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A taste of things to come...looks like the testosterone army is marshaling its forces.

Tom Cruise used to sleep with a corduroy pillow, but he had to give it up....too many headlines.

Hey, is there some kind of prize for being the first to comment?

 
At December 09, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

lol. Lots of recovery needed for sleepovers and weeks at camp!

 
At December 09, 2006, Blogger Kila said...

LOL, he's a cutie.

My oldest is also a fourth-grader, but no sleepovers yet. He's not brave enough. He's a night owl anyway, so I'm sure he'd really be up all night for such an event.

 
At December 10, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

headlines ha ha ha ha.

he's such a cute kid-- be glad it was all video games etc.

In a few years it will be more about girls

 
At December 10, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

WT, you've been waiting for a reason to use the Tom Cruise line, huh? Punny boy, you are. The prize is self satisfaction in knowing you're #1;).

Malissa, :/...it's not the first time, won't be the last...!

Kila, my oldest was slower to do this stuff, too. But, since Stephen's third in the line, he couldn't wait til his first one. And he's NOT a night owl!

Pamela....I know...I know (B I G sigh) :/.

 
At December 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...too many headlines?" I think his big gal panties are too tight and they are cutting off the circulation to his brain !
My two girls were allowed one and only one sleep over at our house. I remember both of them vividly. Little girls are not too nice after being together for 8 hours. I was glad I had taken Crowd Control 103 and Defusing Riots 204 in college to subdue the gnashing and gnarling of teeth.
The pictures are great. Did he ever find his arms?
You won't even believe my word verification "task" today...
xypimp - Whose pimpin' whose blog?

 
At December 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. My first trashy post just went up tonight.

 
At December 11, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

oh boy - I am eagerly awaiting these days to come.

 
At December 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that are kids for ya! But you better watch out. If they attend enough of those stay-awake-all-night-sleepovers, the might turn into a night owl and only can work night-shifts when they are 21...

Blessings on your day and always...

 
At December 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a hilarious photo somewhere of a time when my younger brother, totally exhausted from staying up all night playing videogames and watching TV, attempted to crawl into bed but only made it halfway. The photo clearly shows him dead to the world, lying on his belly with only his torso on the bed, and the lower half of him kneeling off the side of it. It's amazing how people can sleep when they're utterly exhausted :-D

 
At December 11, 2006, Blogger LeftCoastOnlooker said...

too bad he wasn't drooling, you could have saved the pics for blackmailing purposes :)

 
At December 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great post! Too funny. Oh yes, we are very grumpy when we don't get enough sleep.

And sleep-overs NEVER provide enough sleep;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

I'm a thief...
Tagged--Six Weird Things About Me
"Do I look fat in these..."
Time Flies at the Speed of a Bell X-1
Randomries
Wrong Wrong Wrong
Blind Date
Huh?
What a difference a few weeks makes
The truth hurts.....


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: