Friday, December 8
I'm a thief...
...so sue me.

In between a dozen loads of laundry today, I'm decorating my house. In between decorating my house, I'm reading blogs. In between reading blogs, I'm cleaning my house. In between cleaning house, I'm reading emails...and even responding to a few (the real ones, not the offers for fabulous stocks and cures for E-D, since I don't seem to have the latter problem). Since it is 18 degrees outside, I am drinking coffee while doing all of the above...wearing a cozy sweater and long-sleeved silky Cuddleduds and colorful wool socks. Mmmmmm on both of those last two accounts.

Great and talented multi-tasker. Perhaps one of them will ACTUALLY be completed .

When you give birth, I think God should sprout you another pair of arms (or at least hands!) for every kid you spawn. The imagery of an Octopus-handed Mother rivals Medusa's snakey hair. At least He gives us eyes in the back of our heads, that's something, I suppose.

Wowza....I sound like I'm smokin' pencil shavings (a wink and a nod to Julie and Ree for THAT one) or licking toads or something--NOT drinking coffee with absolutely no questionable add-ins!

"I'm a thief, I'm a thief"...WHAT was I getting ready to write??? PUH-LEASE, get on with it, Robin!

Here's a little samplin' of what I ran across this week from some of my favoritest peeps (and one I'm just getting to know). Some will make you laugh, I don't think any will make you cry, and some will give you pause to say "Hmmmmm." Enjoy :).

First, a quiz from Heather. I ended up in the same category as she did, but I KNOW she's much headier than I could ever hope to be. She plays the flute, for heaven's sake.

What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Dedicated Reader

You are always trying to find the time to get back to your book. You are convinced that the world would be a much better place if only everyone read more.

Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm
Literate Good Citizen
Book Snob
Fad Reader
Non-Reader
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Create Your Own Quiz


What is it with me and "obsessive-compulsive" these days? I am NOT o-c! Hmmmph >:-(

Want a guaranteed LAUGH OUT LOUD? Click this NOW! I saw it at Marnie's first, but she got it from Shauna. You'll be schooled in how to mess with the telemarketers who get through your "Do Not Call" registry defense.

Carol always draws me in with her writing. Here she does a good job of articulating why I'm so conflicted this time of year. She writes beautifully and invitingly about her faith...she never sounds "religious", she always sounds REAL.

I haven't read a whole lot of Jenny's blog, but she's sassy and a hilarious blog commenter (should that be "an" hilarious?). This sure looks like a great cause. It just costs you 30 seconds to click to make a difference in someone else's life. Take the time, someone(s) will be grateful.

Last, but definitely not least, you have GOT TO read this from Real Live Preacher. GOT TO! Whether or not you're a Christian or a seeker or a pagan or a wiccan or WHATEVER. If you think church is staid and stuffy, you need to go to Texas to have that stereotype BUSTED! He'll be happy to oblige, I think. I've pimped for Gordon before...he STILL doesn't know me...and now I have a vested interest. Click this, scroll about 3/4 of the way down, and see if you can figure out why I'm pimpin' him now;).

Off to re-fill the coffee mug...and transform my house into something bright and shiny :).

  Into the pensieve on Friday, December 08, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (15)


15 Comments:
At December 08, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

You are a pimpin' fool!!! If that is all it takes to get a link - I'm going to write reviews all over the place!!!!

 
At December 08, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Karmyn, we're commenting each other at EXACTLY the same time! Too bad you aren't a chatter...! Heeeey....DID YOU JUST CALL ME A FOOL?? Coming to Oregon...gonna whip some K-bootay!

 
At December 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee! Thanks for the linky love, sweetie!

Oh and I'm a "literate good citizen" which is totally the only time in my life I've ever been called a good citizen.

 
At December 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pimpin' Blogs? What's that ?
I'll be back to read this post and take the test later...right now, I have a question? Where is the picture of those coffee beans with the man's head hiding in them. I thought it was at your place but can find it anywhere. I'll be back.

 
At December 08, 2006, Blogger Real Live Preacher said...

So.....if you're my pimp, that would make me.....what?

I'm just saying.

Thanks for the plug and the blurb. I guess you can't say I STILL don't know you now, huh?

;-)

 
At December 08, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Jenny, Linky-love is about as good as Sidebar-bling. A literate good citizen still ends in "good citizen" ;).

Swampy, That pic is at PAMELA'S site...but she did link back to me. Hmmmm, I wonder why. Coffee?? MOI????

Well, now, RLP, hmmmmm. I'm caught, huh? Hated missing the virtual book signing--kids needed the computer, router down (meaning no lappy), school Christmas programs, time difference...let's just say, your schedule didn't fit mine. I woulda loved to have chatted you up and down, I'm mean on a keyboard. Now, who did what with my multi-colored fur coat and fedora?? (thanks for stopping in...guess I'll be shoppin' soon...)e

 
At December 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I get it, link the preacher but not the pirate! That's vocation discrimination.

 
At December 08, 2006, Blogger Susan in va said...

Look at you little miss reviewer of books and coffee!! Where do you find the time? Oh yeah, between loads of laundry. In fact, I've got to go take a load out now...

 
At December 08, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Willowtree (aka Pirate Pete).....DID NOT EVERYONE ELSE IN THE BLOGOSPHERE LINK TO YOU?? And you probably have the Pensieve record for "Most Links to a Blog". I'm surprised you noted a distinction between piracy and preachin';).

Susan...I've got one load in the washer, one in the dryer...guess it's more rare NOT to have one in each :/.

 
At December 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avast ye scurvy clergy! There be plenty o' difference betwixt us. When we takes your money we tells ya its for us.

On the other hand, our uniforms may look different but they both strike fear into the hearts of little children.

 
At December 09, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

I'm thinking about doing all that stuff and you're doing it....I'm just like you Robin.

Well, close.

 
At December 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to read Carol's blog - she is real in her faith and very convicting in her approach...And you are right - she is never preachy either!

Well - I finally caught up with all your posts since Nov 22nd and it was fun to catch up with you...I know what my problem was why it took me so long to get around (and no - not because of your comments yesterday - lol) - I only have you on my blogroll and since I don't read my own blog, well I don't remember to stop by here. I just added you to my browser sidebar and that will help me to remember to stop by on a more regular basis - Have a blessed weekend.

 
At December 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hunt for the little man in the coffee beans is over...Pirate Pete found him for me. Are you ready for the Trashiest Challenge on the Internet? Ready, Fire, Aim...

 
At December 09, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

WT, kids, nothing, it scared the snot outta ME!

Pamela, I'm STILL working on stuff (it's Saturday afternoon). I cannot finish ANYTHING! >:(

Iris, I think we're both caught up now, but I'm afraid we'll just begin the cycle again (which is ok, cause "catching up" is always worth it!).

Swampy, You bet I'm ready............!!!!

 
At December 11, 2006, Blogger Rebecca said...

Too many comments from me, I know. I'm not a stalker! Really! But that telemarketer call ...

Somebody's going to have to do some upholstery cleaning here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

Tagged--Six Weird Things About Me
"Do I look fat in these..."
Time Flies at the Speed of a Bell X-1
Randomries
Wrong Wrong Wrong
Blind Date
Huh?
What a difference a few weeks makes
The truth hurts.....
Javalicious...again


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: