Tuesday, September 12
"Four" Malissa ;)
Malissa has GOT to be one of the sweetest bloggers out there, I dunno, when I read her, that's the impression I leave with...even when she's not the happiest of campers. Anyways, she tagged me last month, and since I'm lousy at these kind of things, I'm just now getting to it. Hmmm, for my bloggaversary week. Just can't seem to go "heavy" today after all those tributes yesterday.

So, with no FURTHER adieu (is that the right word?), lemme try to make some choices (giggle).

Four jobs I have had in my life:

1. The "line girl" at the Western Sizzlin' ("What number would you like?", "Baked potatoes or fries?", "Peppers and onions, or mushroom gravy?")(After college graduation, lasted three days because I quit since they didn't trust me handling the money.)
2. Movie theater concession attendant (we used real butter for the popcorn).
3. Shoe salesman
4. Marketing director

Four movies I could watch over and over:

HOW COULD I FORGET THE STING, MY #1 ALL-TIME FAVORITE? It deserves a place above any common numbers!
1. The Sound of Music
2. When Harry Met Sally
3. It's a Wonderful Life
4. Something's Gotta Give & You've Got Mail

Four Places I have lived:

1. Atlanta, Ga.
2. Murrells Inlet, S.C.
3. New Ellenton, S.C.
4. NC/SC border

Four things I like to do:

1. Cook (and then eat what I cook)
2. Spend time with good friends (this, after cooking and while eating is doubly good)
3. Listen to my children help each other
4. Do you really wanna know #4? Nothin' says "lovin'" like lovin'...... ;)

(notice I didn't say blogging; since it's obvious I do that and rather often, why state the obvious?)

Four of my favorite foods:

1. Chocolate (cake, ice cream, chocolate just-about-anything)
2. Southern prepared veggies (fresh corn, fried okra, sauteed squash in a pound of butter)
3. Grilled seafood
4. My mother-in-law's friend chicken (great! NOW I'm hungry)

Four places I would like to be right now:

1. No question, the beach
2. The beach
3. The beach
4. Sitting on the front porch of a cabin in the NC mountains, sipping hot coffee out of a perfectly-fitted-to-my-hand mug, reading a GREAT book, sitting next to my husband

Four websites I visit daily:

1. Weather sites (especially during the school year)
2. Centurytel (it's my home page, and now that I'm writing that, I need to change it...b o r i n g)
3. iTunes...it's a kid thing these days
4. B L O G M A T E S, but actually, it changes day to day...too many good ones to read 'em all in a day, so it's a weekly kind of thing

Four places I have been on vacation:

1. Washington, D.C. (if you haven't gone, you MUST!!!) I've gone half a dozen times and I NEVER get tired of it!!!!
2. NYC, pre-9-11. Went to the top of the WTC, not sure which building. I'll look for the pics sometime soon.
3. Boston (a GREAT city, exceeded my expectations, wanna take the kids back sometime).
4. Chicago (again, it exceeded my expectations, a beautiful and clean downtown, and so much to see and do, three days wasn't nearly enough)

Four friends I think might respond—-hmmm

1. Julie, because she ditched the book meme. I'm letting Jennifer off the hook 'cause she's done a gazillion tags...!
2. Debs, she's one crazy cross-stitcher;) and Mert (Mary), cause I'm almost somewhat postive she creates some of the cutest banners around!
3. Lori, cause she's one of my Youniquely Woman sistahs.
4. Swampwitch, because she's still learning the ropes around the globosphere ;)

Or heck, if you're just looking for something to post, go for it (and let me know you did!)

I ALMOST kept my answers to four per....maybe it's just that I don't know how to count :).

  Into the pensieve on Tuesday, September 12, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (15)


15 Comments:
At September 12, 2006, Blogger Susannah said...

I'm lurking a bit today. A thought ful comment you left at Iris's propelled me over here, when really, I should to be working! I've read all your posts, and enjoyed 'em. Thanks for the lead to Jennifer's (Carnival). Have a blessed day!

 
At September 12, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

I've never been to Boston or Chicago (except airports, and they don't count). I really want to see Boston!! I think there is a lot of history to see.

I've never had fried Okra - but did have fried pickles once in Alabama. They were different.

Thanks for not tagging me - blogger was being a Beeeoch today. (5 times I tried to download a picture - arrgghh).

 
At September 12, 2006, Blogger willowtree said...

Some good answers there. Thanks for making me "B", its a thrill and an honour.

Blogger has been real cantankerous lately. I can't help but think pretty soon they'll be offering a new improved reliable version for a small monthly fee.

 
At September 12, 2006, Blogger SongBird said...

Love your movie choices!! Something's Gotta Give is one of my all time favs!! I've lived Diane Keaton's role except I didn't end up married with a grandchild!

Thanks for stopping by My Way!

 
At September 12, 2006, Blogger M J said...

For some reason I am hungry after reading you meme.

I want mine with a baked potato please.

 
At September 13, 2006, Blogger Lori said...

Wow..I've actually been posted about. Check my site after the kids nap to see if I'm out of my daze enough to fill this thing out...:)

I'm missing YW! I saw some woman on Dr. Phil yesterday totally full of stress and wondering about her purpose as a Mom and, if I could heard her over the two munchkins, I could have totally related...I really need a refresher!

 
At September 13, 2006, Blogger dan said...

A shoe salesman, huh? Go figure. :)

 
At September 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing a little more about you...
"You've Got Mail" ranks pretty high with me too...The other night we watched "As Good As it Gets" (again) and I have to say that is one of my favorite movies with Jack...
#4 on "things you like to do" - yup!!!!
Four places - you go girl!!! That would have been my answer (and was when I did the tag - *grin*)
Have a blessed day...

 
At September 13, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

"Waiter, there is too much pepper in my paprikash. But I would be proud to partake of your pecan pie."
Only the best movie ever made. I even put a tribute to it in my novel.

 
At September 13, 2006, Blogger Malissa said...

aha! You must like me cause we like It's a Wonderful Life;)

My dad is from a southern family and he'd eat this massive skillet of fried squash and okra. OH BLECH!

We'd be gagging and he'd be munching away. I'm not sure one out of the 4 of us like that slimey stuff but Dad sure does;)

Thanks for saying I'm sweet;) lol

I wonder if anyone that knows me would agree? hahah!

 
At September 14, 2006, Blogger Swampwitch said...

OK, I'm here to thank you for the tag...I'll be back (isn't that a line from a movie?) to read your last two posts. I'm just a 'little behind' (not a literal little behind-in that case it would be a large behind) in my reading because of traveling. Stay with me here, my lysdexia and my ADHD kicks in when I have work to do but want to be here reading.

 
At September 14, 2006, Blogger Debs said...

Thanks for the tag ;) I work on answers today and tomorrow. I am sort of stuck on who will respond *LOL*

 
At September 14, 2006, Blogger Debs said...

TO update you :) I did most of it today....I will finish it tomorrow.

 
At September 14, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Fun answers. I love city vacations, too. We love NYC and the inlaws live in the DC area, and I loved Chicago, too. I was trying to convince hubby to meet some friends there this summer, but he wasn't really up for it. He seemed to think it was kind of boring. We will definitely go to Boston soon, because it's only about 3 hours away from us now.

See--I don't need a tag, I can just give all my comments here.

 
At September 15, 2006, Blogger Susannah said...

You are a sweetums. Totally missed the "L" link the first time through. Thanks so much! I'll explore your many links--love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

"Let's roll"
Something old, something new
One year ago today...
Look what Barbie's up to now!
The "cheese" stands alone
While I was looking for "attitude" pics...
LOVED this!!!
Enough
Me likey, me surprise-y
I n t e r e s t i n g . . .


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: