Sunday, September 10
One year ago today...
...I started blogging. My first two posts were on the same day. The first one was about complications from too many choices (lol, a topic I've revisited over and over again); the second one (on the same day) was about the price of gasoline. In case you're wondering, in the Tennessee Valley it's exactly 60 cents LESS/gallon now than it was a year ago. Why am I certain of this?? Only because I blogged it.

On the surface, it was an odd time to begin...the day before the anniversary of September 11. However, because Tad and the kids were on their annual father/kid camping trip with his best friend and their children, it was a perfect time for me--Q-U-I-E-T in my house :). Things like this don't come quickly to me, that whole having to make decisions decisions DECISIONS thing, so I needed a block of time to "research" everything.

For the first six months of my blogging enterprise, I was invisible, writing as if I were being read, but never sharing my URL with anyone. Silly, I know, but I was shy (you may not laugh). Tad pressed me, and although I let Rachel see it first, his encouragement helped me finally step out of my self-imposed anonymity. Most friends IRL WILL NOT POST (stinkin' voyeurs!), so it finally dawned on me to comment to other bloggers. There are a thousand conversations going on at once (okay, more like a gazillion), wish there was more time to read all I'd like to. I have DEFINITELY learned a lot over the past year...here, and in life in general...ALWAYS a good thing. Hmmmm, you CAN teach an old dawg new tricks :).

There are lots of thoughts swirling in the old Pensieve these days, some of which you'll see in the days to come ;)...also, a few surprises coming soon to this spot. Stay tuned.

For now, enjoy some cake to celebrate my first bloggaversary--this one TASTES as spectacular as it LOOKS!

A hug and HT to Jen, a little over a year ago she asked me to read her newly-begun blog. Now, a newlywed :) :) :), this 20-something had no idea the influence she'd have in that simple request. Neither did I.

  Into the pensieve on Sunday, September 10, 2006
  Your thoughts, please (10)


10 Comments:
At September 10, 2006, Blogger Pamela said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !


Tell me how never to run out of things to post about??????

 
At September 10, 2006, Blogger willowtree said...

happy bloggerversary!!

 
At September 10, 2006, Blogger M J said...

Happy Birthday Pensieve!!

Here's to many more years of blogging to come!

 
At September 10, 2006, Blogger SongBird said...

Happy One Year Bloggaversary!! I enjoyed reading your first two posts.

 
At September 10, 2006, Blogger Karmyn R said...

WOW!!!!! Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary. Awesome. I will now go read your first two posts to commemorate the occasion! (even though, I may have read them before).

I remember the first post I read of yours - I was new myself and your husband had just installed a gas range....and I laughed because it sounded like my hubby!

 
At September 11, 2006, Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Happy Bloggy Day to you!
Happy Bloggy Day to you!
Happy Bloggy Day, dear Pensieve-y
Happy Bloggy Day to you!

 
At September 11, 2006, Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Happy Bloggerversary!!!!!!


Know how I celebrated? I came to Charleston again....hehe

 
At September 11, 2006, Blogger Robin said...

Hey guys...THANKS for the lovely wishes. I'm afraid by the time I got that thing posted, it kind of got buried under all the 9-11 stuff...seems VERY trivial and insignificant in comparison :/.

But I really, truly appreciated your visits, and for those of you who read those first posts (and commented??!) HUGS to you!

 
At September 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I started blogging anonymously (and under a psuedonym) too and didn't tell anyone IRL until a few months ago (I'd been blogging for a year and a half at that point). I was so nervous! But they were nice to me. :)

~ Love the Pensieve part...yes, relieving the mind of too much thought...and inviting others to join those thoughts. How lovely!

Wishing you many more days of blogging!

 
At September 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogaverary :)...I remember my first months on the web...I was invisible too...and had the same experience - net-working in the blogsphere is important - that is what generates traffic to your own site...Not the so called 'traffic-site'...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Please click the red pensieve...it's my current blogging spot!

My Photo Name:
Robin

Location:
10-a-c

Married to my college sweet-heart :)...three GREAT kids I'm not selling to the circus today...I LOVE to laugh (& smile often)...love to read & cook, hate to shop (unless the store is very small and doesn't leave me dazed and confused). I'm scared of flying so although I'd like to travel more, I don't.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find life in my 40s to be an amazing time of transformation & discovery--of self, others, creation and the Creator.

Here's a partial explanation for my Blog title. I think it'd be cool if they really existed.

A Pensieve is a stone basin.... [One] can extract his or her own memories and place them in the Pensieve, especially to relieve the mind when it becomes too flooded with information. Anyone can examine the memories in the Pensieve, which also allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in the memories stored within...

A Pensieve first appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

For the complete explanation, see
my 2/17/06 post.

My complete profile

Look what Barbie's up to now!
The "cheese" stands alone
While I was looking for "attitude" pics...
LOVED this!!!
Enough
Me likey, me surprise-y
I n t e r e s t i n g . . .
Could YOU relax???
On holiday......
Words of encouragement


A Perfect Post



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogging Chicks []

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
November 2007
January 2008



Header Design by:


Blog Design by:


Powered by: